Chapter 24

I froze. He grinned at me and tried to push himself off the ground. I shook my head and ran over to help him. I draped his arm over my shoulders and pushed us both off the floor. We went back to the others who all stared at Jake as I had done.

"Jake?" Saph said quietly.

"Saph?" Jake said confused. I frowned. "You look good" he smirked and Ethan scowled at him. I looked between them and began to laugh. Lexi frowned at me but then Tristan chuckled. Jordan looked up and laughed weakly before bursting into coughs.

"What?" Lexi said.

"That's what I'd like to know" a voice bellowed from the doorway. A body was thrown at our feet and I recognised it as Caelan. Ethan crouched down to him and I looked up to see Jasper leaning against the doorframe. "You let them out. Why?" He asked me.

"I was hardly going to leave them down here" I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"You sent most of them down here and left them for weeks" he chuckled.

I scowled at him before dropping my head in shame. "That was your fault" I muttered.

"How did you do it?" He asked me. "I'm curious"

"None of your buisness" I snapped. "Jasper your brother's alive. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was none of your buisness" he smirked and stepped back.

"Where are you going?" I shouted after him. He didn't reply, only smirked. A group of guards barreled past him into the dungeon and the group started to back away. This didnt put them off as the picked Caelan off the floor and threw him in one cage.

One threw Saph over his shoulder and dropped her in her cage. Jordan was pulled off Tristan and they were both shoved into the cages I had just rescued them from. Ethan tried to fight back but was easily overpowered and thrown to the ground as if he weighed nothing. They slammed the cage door shut behind him and then Jasper walked up to me and placed his hand on my face.

I wanted to run but Jake's weight on my shoulders was keeping me in place. "You can stay here until I need you again" he said and I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well you're useless to me if you hate me. You won't be needed for another good few months" he looked down at my stomach and I glared at him. "I'll make sure they're gentle with you" he smirked and then a guard grabbed Jake and pushed him into a cell. Jasper grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back. I dug my heels into the ground but my bare feet did nothing. I finally fell back and he slammed the door shut. I crawled over to it and rattled the door. "I wish it didn't have to be like this" Jasper said sadly.

He reached in through the bars and grabbed one of my wrists. I struggled against him but he gave it a sharp tug and I yelped. He held up a sort of chain with two loops. One at each end. He put one around my wrist and I felt drained as soon as it touched my skin. He tightened it and threw the other side into the cage. It hit the ground in the corner of the cell and latched onto the floor.

I gave it a tug but it was useless. "See you later" Jasper said in a sing-song voice before walking out.

The room was silent as he closed the door. I looked around and noticed something was wrong. "Where's Lexi?" I said.

I heard movement "Jasper took her. He's sending her home" Jake said. I turned and saw he was in the cage next to mine. "He tells me everything. Boasts about how he had you head over heels for him" Jake chuckled looking over at me. He had his back up against the wall and his legs stretched out in front of him.

"It's not funny" I moaned as I wriggled to get comfortable. I crossed my legs beneath me and began to shake my wrist with the cuff on it.

"It is a bit" Ethan laughed. I huffed. "Come on. It's not that bad. You only got married not start a family" he chuckled.

I stopped shaking my wrist and heard Caelan cough. "Right?" Ethan added nervously.

I bit my lip and looked to my right where Caelan sat in his cage. I started to laugh and Caelan began to chuckle. "Please tell me I'm not going to be an uncle" Jake laughed.

I laughed harder. "You'll be a great uncle Jake"

"No! Really!" Jake chuckled excitedly. "Oh my god" he shook his head.

"Why are you laughing? Is this a joke?" Tristan said.

"Nope Trissy. No joke" I said as I stopped laughing. "You can be an uncle if you like"

"Wait, what does that make me?" Saph asked.

"Why?" I said.

"Well I'm you. So..." she trailed off as she thought.

"Lets think of us as twins. That's less confusing. That makes you an auntie" I said.

Jordan woke up. "Hey what did I miss?" He said weakly.

"I'm having a baby" I said. I thought about it and began to laugh again. "I'm having a baby? Oh my god"

"Right now?" Jordan asked.

"Yes Jordan. Right now"

"You should probably get someone in here then" he said sleepily.

I laughed "I'm kidding. No I'm not actually sure when"

"Oh right" Jordan said.

"Go back to sleep" Tristan said and I heard Jordan groan as he moved and soon I could hear the even breaths of his snores.

I tucked my knees up under my chin as I watched them. They were so perfect together. I wanted to be in love like that. I was in love like that I remembered and looked over at Caelan. I edged closer to him and reached through the bars to him. He was turned away and I placed my hand on his. He flinched but I wrapped my fingers around it in a tight hold. "Forgive me?" I whispered.

"I don't need to" Caelan said and looked down at my hand. He took it in his and held it. "You haven't done anything wrong. I just got scared. I'm sorry" he kissed the back of my hand and I giggled.

"You got scared? Did the big brave pirate get scared?" I said in a baby voice.

He spun around to me. "How do you do it?" He said. "How do you go through all this and still managed to stay together? Stay sane?"

I laughed. "Who said I was sane?" I leaned forward and somehow managed to kiss him through the bars.

"Well this is awkward" Saph laughed. "You do realise that you're married and starting a family with Jasper. You're kissing Caelan and sitting beside your ex?"

I laughed. "I think that's the least of my problems"

"Is it bad that I'm watching you cheat on my brother and I don't care?" Jake chuckled.

"Probably" I giggled. "But who cares anymore?"