Prolouge - How To Become a Queen

I shut my eyes tight and clutched on to Caelan as I felt like I was flying. The sensation stayed for a few moments and then we were falling. I heard screams and it took a second to realise that they were mine.

I hit something hard and heard a crack. I hit something else and the air was knocked out of me. I gasped as I hit the ground and I rolled into a ball. I heard groans behind me and I rolled over to see Lexi, Tristan, Ethan and Caelan in the same position.

I sat up and looked around to see a forest. "Where are we?" Caelan asked.

I looked up and saw a bright light. "We're home" Lexi said. I heard her stand up and I shook my head.

"We can't be. Why would Daddy send us here?" I said quietly. Everyone turned to look at me. I stood up slowly and walked towards the light. It was a shop. I frowned and cocked my head to the side.

I kept walking forwards and then I heard Ethan scream "Willow! Careful!" I turned and saw a car heading straight for me. I screamed and jumped out the way.

Caelan stood staring after the car. "What is that?" He asked.

Tristan looked at him confused. "Its a car?"

"He's never seen one before remember?" Lexi said as she ran over to help me. I moved away and pushed myself up. She sighed. "What do we do now?"

"We go back" I said and I followed the road towards the town.

"But what do we tell them?" Ethan said as he caught up with me.

I smiled. "The truth"

****

It didnt take long for us to make it to the town hall. There was a meeting on so everyone would be inside. I smiled at Caelan. "Lets go meet some old friends"

He smiled and the others looked nervous. The children that were taken didnt come back. And they certainly didnt bring home friends. I didnt care anymore. I had no one here to impress. Jake was gone. Lexi and Tristan hate me and Ethan's afraid of me. Caelan will stand by me no matter.

I walked up to the doors and shoved them open. Everyone turned to stare as I stepped in. "I'm home!" I yelled as I stepped inside. The room was silent as I walked in. 2 people stood up and I saw them as Agatha and Terry aka my adoptive parents. "Saph. You're home!" Agatha said as she ran over to me.

"Its not Saph anymore. Its Willow" I said. She looked at me strangely before pulling me into a hug. She was a short woman and I tensed up as she grabbed me. Lexi saw her parents and ran to them. Ethan saw his dad and went over to him and Tristan saw his family and hugged them. Caelan stood awkwardly at the door.

I stepped back and went over to him. "What does Saph think about all of this?" He asked quietly.

"Not much. Actually she hasn't said anything since we got here" I answered. "I think she's angry"

"Are you ok?" He asked me.

"No. No I'm not" I said quietly. "But he's gone. Saph wont talk to me. Its just us now" I smiled at him and he grabbed my hand, squeezing it.

"Who's this then?" Terry asked. He was trying to sound casual but he sounded nervous. "Your boyfriend?"

I flinched. "No. I dont have a boyfriend. Not anymore"

"Why's that honey?" Agatha asked.

I frowned at her. "Because he's dead. Because of me" I said. "Why did I say that?" I looked at Caelan who bit his lip.