Chapter 16

I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my chin. I had been like this for a while since my father left. He told me that the rooms would change and I would get my own room. I smiled at the thought of my own space.

I was distracted from my thoughts by a knock at the door. "Go away" I shouted.

"Saph please. Open the door" Jake shouted. I swung my legs out of bed and stood up. I walked over and put my hand on the handle. I was about to turn it when I stopped. I rested my head against the door and closed my eyes. "I'm sorry Jake. I was angry and confused" I said just loud enough for him to hear me.

"Saph. I was wrong. I was just a bit... surprised" He said.

I giggled. "I was too" I turned the handle and let him in before closing the door.

"I was going to help you move your stuff but you don't have much do you?" He said as I turned. "Mr Jones told me"

I laughed "Never had time to pack before I was snatched from my bed" he chuckled when another knock was heard. "Come in" I said smiling.

"I've got you a room sorted" Hook said as he walked in. "And lad, don't call me Mr Jones. I always liked Hook" he smiled proudly and I laughed. "Come on then" he said excitedly and he left the room.

Jake stood at the door. "My lady" he said as he held out his arm.

"What a gentleman" I laughed as I took it.

"I'm afraid we have to go through the main hall to get there" Hook said and my smile disapeared. "But don't worry. I'll take their minds off you" he smiled and I gave a weak smile in return. He put out a hand and I took it.

Standing between my prince and my father was somewhere I never thought I would be.

Wait. Did I just say my prince? I looked up at Jake who smiled down at me. I squeezed his hand. What if I wasn't his princess? What if he wanted a real princess? "You okay?" A voice said and I was snapped from my thoughts. I looked up and saw Jake still looking down at me concerned.

"Yeah. Just nervous I think" I muttered.

"Don't be. You'll be fine" he said. I smiled as Hook pushed the doors to the main hall open. 100 pairs of eyes turned to stare at us and I had to fight the urge to turn and run. My father took my hand once more and pretty much dragged me to the middle of the hall.

"Students! I am here to tell all of you to go and prepare for the first ball of the term! Tonight we will be celebrating the return of my daughter Willow!" He shouted and everyone started to cheer. "I, the self proclaimed Pirate King would like to introduce to you my Princess!"

Suddenly I was lifted up onto Jake's shoulders and I screamed a little in surprise. He laughed and I giggled as I steadied myself. "Now away! Go get ready! You have an hour!" Hook yelled as he shooed away students. They didn't need to be asked twice and started sprinting to their rooms. Soon there was only the 3 of us left.

"You too! Come collect her later at my office" Hook laughed as he lifted me off Jake's shoulders and nudged him away. Once back on the ground he took my arm and lead me away to the staircase that lead to his office. We went up and he turned me away from his office doors to another set of doors I hadn't noticed before. "I had it done for when I found you" Hook whispered as he pushed me towards them.

I took the handle in my hand and felt the cold metal for a second until turning it. I gasped at the sight before me. The room was twice the size of my other one and there was a four poster bed sat in the middle. Everything was decorated in reds and blacks. "I didnt know what you would like so we can change it" Hook said from the doorway. I didn't answer as I was still in awe.

I walked over to the window alcove and brushed my hands over the luxourious black curtains. I looked out the window to see the entire gardens of the school as well as the forest beyond. I turned and looked at the bookshelves that stretched across the wall and touched the ceiling. There was a ladder to reach the top shelves and I laughed when I locked eyes with my father. "It's perfect!" I squealed before I ran over and jumped into his arms.

He stepped back slightly but caught me and held me tight. "You have a ball to get ready for" he whispered into my hair and I smiled. He pulled me back and lead me towards a second door opposite the one leading back out into the hall. "Have a look inside" he said and I did.

I opened the door and revealed a massive walk-in wardrobe. It was about the size of my room from before I was taken. I stepped inside and ran my hand through clothes. "I figured that your magic can only conjure up outfits which are black so I got you some things that could give you a little bit of colour but without you looking like a highlighter" he laughed. And I giggled.

"How do you know what a highlighter is? I asked giggling.

"I spent some time in your old world and picked up some of your.... your..  lingo" he smiled.

I laughed "Please don't say lingo. Nobody says lingo" He laughed and nodded.

"Now get ready!" He said as he left the room and shut the door behind him. I turned back to the dresses and instantly my eyes were drawn to a red dress. I pulled it out and smiled. This was the one. I pulled it on and zipped it up before going into my room and saw my father sitting on my bed.

He smiled and stood up

He smiled and stood up. "Sit" he said and I looked around. There was no chair. He sighed and waved his hook and a simple wooden chair appeared facing the wall. He groaned and waved his hook again. A dressing table appeared infront of it and he smiled. "Sit" he repeated and I did.

I looked into the mirror and he waved his hook over my head. My hair fell down my back in perfect waves. A small portion was held back with a glittering clasp and red lipstick appeared on my lips. I smiled. "Beautiful" he said as he placed a kiss on my forehead. I stood up and he disapeared into the wardrobe and came out holding a pair of red boot heels. I sighed. "They're not that bad" he said smiling and I laughed and took them off him. I slipped them on my feet and then he pulled me back to my feet. "Dont want to keep your prince waiting" he whispered and lead me out of the room and into his office.

I threw myself down into one of his armchairs and he laughed. "Tired already?" He said as he sat behind his desk. I laughed before standing up again. I slid up so I was sitting on his desk. "More like nervous" I confided.

"Why?" He asked me. He leaned forward and took my hand.

"What if he wants a real princess instead of me? What if I'm not good enough for him?" I said biting my lip.

"Well then he's crazy" Hook smiled and I laughed. The door was knocked at I swung my head to look at it. "Come in!" Hook bellowed. The door creaked open and revealed a very well dressed Jake. He was wearing a white shirt and navy trousers and tie. He had on a dark blue blazer and I had to close my mouth from drooling.

He looked up and locked eyes eith me and for a second no one said anything. I slid off the desk and he looked down at my dress before back up at my hair. "You. You... you look beautiful" he stuttered and I giggled.

"You brush up nice too" I laughed. "Bye Dad" I said as I skipped over and took his arm.

"Bye love!" He called after me as I grabbed his arm. We left the room and as soon as we got outside Jake stopped me.

"You really look amazing Saph" he said and I turned to look at him.

"Thanks" I said. He looked nervous. He stepped forward and took my arms. "We need to get to the ball" I said nervously. I reached up and kissed his cheek before nearly sprinting away. He laughed and ran after me.