Chapter 6

Jake put a hand on my arm and leaned in until I felt his breath fanning across the skin on my ear. "Want to go practice?" He whispered.

I shivered at the strange sensation  and smiled "Huh? Practice what?" I raised my eyebrow and cocked my head to the side. "I swear if you hang me out a window I will-"

He laughed, cutting me off mid-sentence "Dont worry about threatening me. No I mean practice our abilities. Cassie and Izzy say they're perfect with their abilities so they wont come but I have a feeling you could do with some help"

I laughed "Fair enough" Jake linked his arm in mine and we practically ran from his sisters. I giggled and he yanked my arm. "Faster!" He said as he picked up speed.

"I cant. I'm wearing heels!" I shouted as I struggled to keep up. We made it to the top of the stairs and Jake ignored my comments. He started down the stairs and I squealed as my feet nearly came off the ground.

"Jake!" I yelled as a shoe fell off. He kept running and the shoe magically appeared back on again and I tripped.  Jake finally let go of my hand and I tumbled down the stairs. I heard Jake curse and his footsteps stopped.

Suddenly my tumbling stopped and I felt two strong hands under my arms, holding me up. My face went red with embarrassment and I silently wished that no one had caught me. Somehow that would have been less embarassing.

I looked up and saw a tanned face looking down at me. Jasper. He laughed and stood me up. "I guess you need a prince to save you after all"

I glared at him "I didnt need you to save me" I muttered.

"Excuse me. I need you to speak up Princess" he laughed.

I took a deep breath and felt hands wrap around my wrists and hold them behind my back. "Breathe" someone whispered as they held my hands in one hand and stepped in front of me.

"Father would be disapointed. You can't drop your princess down the stairs" Jasper said smirking.

"Mother wouldn't be proud that you're still an arrogant arse" Jake hissed before I pulled my hands from his grip and stormed off as he followed behind.

****

We went to an open field and I screamed in anger. I stomped my foot and my heel got stuck in the mud. My breathing got heavier and I watched the shadows curl and coil around my hands. They wrapped around my feet and the pink glittery heels turned to black combat boots. The shadows wrapped around my torso and the bright pink dress turned black. The sleeves lengthend and turned to lace.

I smiled at my new dress and my breathing regulated

I smiled at my new dress and my breathing regulated. "Happy?" Jake said, his eyebrow raised.

I smiled "Yes" I closed my eyes and breathed in, the shadows came in from around me and disapeared.

"Good. Now I'm going to teach you how to control your powers when you get angry. Some people break things but it seems that you change your outfit" he laughed.

I shot a small spear of shadows at Jake and it hit his shoulder. "No idea how that could possibly work. But it hurt. This is exactly what Im talking about. You're a hot-head"

I shot him again. "Geez! Calm down woman!" He shouted, holding his hands on front of himself as some sort of defense.

I shot him yet again "Relax!" I raised my hand but realised his game. I took a deep breath and lowered my hand. I smiled a toothy grin.

"Well done!" Jake smiled "You're learning!"

"You're turn" I said smiling. I put my hands on my hips and thought of ways to annoy him.

"What?" He said raising an eyebrow.

I smiled evily. "Your ability's boring" I shrugged my shoulders and his fists clenched but he didn't react. I frowned. This was harder than I thought.  "You're brothers hotter than you"

His hands began to smoke and he glared at me. I laughed "Just kidding. You're smoking" I struggled not to laugh at my own joke but Jake couldn't hold it in.

I smiled innocently "Are we done?"

He looked up and saw the sun setting. "For today". I sighed and shrugged before walking back to the castle.

I got many gasps from girls when they saw my black dress. From that I guessed that black was not an accepted colour in the school. But they were just going to have to deal with it.

I walked upstairs and walked into my room. Summer gasped and Ava yawned. She looked as exhauseted as usual. I looked at Summer as she sat on her bed with Lexi as her mouth dropped open. "Saph. What are you wearing?"

I looked down "A dress" I frowned.

"Why is it.... bla...black" Summer said as if she was swearing.

"Because I like the colour black?" I said as I walked over to my bed.

"Why?" Yawned Ava.

"Because its better than pink" I said smiling.

The 3 girls gasped and I pulled the covers over my head to hde the grin spreading across my face.