Chapter 14

I was telling the truth when I told Jasper he wasn't staying in the room. He arrived back at the door that night but I never let him in by leaning against the door. He easily pushed it off but I managed to close it again and put the dresser in front of it.

He had walked away and I moved the dresser to leave the room. I walked down the hall and into the third door on the right. When I walked in I closed the door behind me and smiled as I saw Caelan again.

He ran over to me and scooped me up in a tight hug. I let out a deep breath and we sat on his small bed and never said anything. I rested my head on his chest as he lay back and he rubbed my back soothingly. We sat like this for a while before I spoke up. "Pan's been sent to the villagers as a warning" I said.

Caelan's chest vibrated as he chuckled. "I can't believe you got out"

"Had to do something good on my birthday did I not?" I said looking up at him smiling.

"Happy 18th by the way" he said smiling.

I frowned "There is nothing happy about today" I sighed and he kissed the top of my head.

"It will be okay" He assured me. "Everything will be how it is meant to be"

I nodded and sat up. "I need to go before Jasper gets back and notices I'm gone" I said sadly. I gave him a quick kiss and I ran out of the room and into my room. I threw myself down on the bed and sleep took over.

****

I woke up and felt far too warm again. I groaned as I felt Jasper at my back. He had me tightly pulled in against his chest and he was like a human hot water bottle. I tried to wriggle away but he just held me inpossibly tighter. "Jasper" I said and wriggled some more. "Jasper! Let me go!" I shouted and he jumped up and let me go.

I rolled away and took deep breaths as cold air started cooling me down. I looked down and saw that I was changed back into my shorts and vest from the night before but I had slept in my dress. "Jasper!" I yelled. He watched me still half asleep and confused. I sat on the very edge of the bed and faced him. He looked at the sheets which were in his hand and smirked at me before letting them go.

The sheets slid and I went with them and fell backwards off the bed. I landed with a thud on my tailbone and wrist and groaned. The bed was pretty high and the shooting pain up my spine couldn't be ignored. "Jasper!" I yelled again.

My wrist was twisted beneath me and I hissed when I moved it. I looked at it and saw it was at an unnatural angle. "Jasper! Look what you've done!" I screamed as I tried to move it again but it burned like hell.

Jasper leaned over the edge of the bed and saw me lying on my back on the floor. "Stop complaining and let me fix it" he rolled his eyes and I groaned at him. He messed around with something as I pushed myself up with my uninjured wrist. He came back with my fathers hook and I glared at him as he waved it over me.

My wrist went back into place with a pop and I hissed. I felt the skin around my neck went tight and relaxed as the bruises healed. The pain in my tail bone faded. I stood up and stormed into the bathroom.

I slammed the door shut behind me before opening it and looking out. "If you come in here I'll blind you. Got it" I threatened. I heard him chuckle and I shut the door again. I went over to the shower and pulled off my clothes before stepping inside. The warm water ran over my hair and body and I rubbed shampoo into my scalp. The sweet smell made me smile.

The water began to get hotter and soon it was scalding. I screamed and jumped back. I slipped and fell out of the shower. I grabbed at the towels as I fell but they slipped off the rail and I hit the floor with a cry. I pulled the towel over me just in time as the door swung open. "What did I say Jasper!" I shouted and sent a spear of shadows at his head. He ducked and laughed.

I sat up and tightened the towel around me. "You okay?" He asked me and started walking towards me. He started checking me for injuries and then someone else ran into the room. I stared at the person in shock as I recognised him as Caelan. His hair was wet and falling over his face and his dark eyes were full of worry. He wore a pair of black trousers and a black V neck t-shirt.

"I heard you scream so I ran to see what was happening" he said quickly.

Jasper glared daggers at him. "Pirate. Out. Now!" Caelan smiled at me and I smiled a response before he slipped out of the room.

Jasper turned his attention back to me. "Why didn't you shoot at him?"

I giggled. "Because I like him"