Chapter 12

I gulped and he grinned. He tugged harder on my hair and I bit my lip to stop from crying out. "Hard way then" he chuckled and yanked me standing by my arm. He still had my hair in a tight grip behind my head, forcing me to keep my head up.

His fingers dug into my arm and I felt tears still run down my face freely. He looked at me and smirked. Twisting my arm back I bit my lip so hard I tasted blood. He twisted further and I gasped. He held my wrist and dragged me back slightly letting go of my hair. I let my head drop and heard him pick something up.

He let go of my wrist and stood in front of me. "Walk" he said and stepped aside. I glared at him and stayed where I was "I said walk!" He shouted. I flinched but still didn't move. He grabbed my shoulders and threw me into the wall. The air rushed out of me and he grabbed my throat. My head was slammed back into the wall and I felt my breath being cut off.

I clawed at his hands "You will listen to me! Understand!" He screamed. I could see black spots appear in my vision and my limbs started to go limp. He cursed and let me go. "I won't ask you again. Walk" he hissed as I crumpled to the floor. I coughed and held my throat.

I looked up at him through teary eyes and stood up. I pushed past him and stormed down the hall. I could hear his pounding footsteps as he came after me. I looked back at him before I started sprinting. "Willow!" He called after me.

I shook my head as the tears ran down my face. I didn't care who saw me, all I cared about is getting away from the lunatic chasing me. I got to the top of a staircase and stopped for a breath. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath. Fear changed to anger and I felt it bubbling beneath my skin.

I ran down the stairs and into a large room with a massive wooden door with two guards standing at it. My eyes widened. The way out. I ran towards it and was stopped by a voice. "If you leave I have no use for your father" Jasper shouted.

I turned slowly and saw him leaning against the banister at the top of the stairs. "That's a good girl. Now come back up here and you can see him" I glared at him but did as I was told. Once at the top of the stairs he smiled and took my face in his hands.

He stroked the tears off my cheeks. "That wasn't so hard was it?" He smiled. I shrugged him off and folded my arms. He frowned. "Quit acting like a child Willow" he said. I raised an eyebrow at him.

I was still a child. I was only 18 and he had thrown me into a life I didnt want. I mean, I was getting married in 2 days! The thought sent chills down my spine. He groaned and pinched the top of his nose. "I wish I didnt have to be like this. If only you would listen" I flipped him off and walked away. I could hear him sigh. I smiled.

I kept going down the corridor until I saw Caelan. He was standing in the middle of the hall wearing a guards uniform and a confused expression. I laughed and ran over to him. He chuckled and hugged me. He saw my tear-stained face and frowned. "Jasper says I have to take you downstairs" he said.

I sighed and nodded. He took my hand and I looked around nervously. "It's okay. No one will see us" he said and I smiled before placing a small kiss on his lips. He smiled and started walking further down the hall to another set of stairs. He gently tugged my arm and we started going down.

At the bottom was the large room Felix had brought us to. There were two grand thrones at one end of the room. Jasper sat in one and the other lay waiting. Caelan gave me a small smile and I walked over to the second throne and sat down in it. Jasper glanced at me and I smirked at him. He rolled his eyes and looked away.

I crossed my legs and sat back. "Bring him in" Jasper shouted lazily. "Pirate I think you should leave" he said glaring at Caelan who nodded and gave me another smile before slipping out the room. "Here comes your first present" Jasper said smirking.