Chapter 17

My fathers arm held my own against his side tight. I took deep breaths and leaned against him slightly so I wouldn't fall in these stupid stilts. We got to the top of the stairs and I went over on my ankle yet another time. I groaned and wriggled out of my father's grasp. I crouched down and fell back so I was sitting on the floor.

I yanked up the bottom of the dress and tried to reach my feet over the many layers of material. I managed to grab one and I pulled off my shoe and moved on to the next.

Once finished I held the shoes in one hand and let my father pull me up. I went over to the window and opened it wide before chucking the heels as far as I could. They landed in the vegtable patch below and I giggled as I walked back to my father. He shook his head at me and smiled.

The dress was now far too long and I kept tripping over it. I groaned again and stomped my foot. Hook saw my struggle and scooped me up and carried me down the stairs. He tried to blow the dress material that now covered his face but I had to move it myself. I giggled as he smiled at me and placed me down again.

He held his finger up to indicate that I was too stay and ran away. He cane back holding what looked like a pair of black combat boots. They were platforms though with a small wedge so they gave me just enough extra height for the dress to only be scraping the floor. They were much more comfortable as well and when I dropped the dress they were hidden and no one would know that they weren't the right ones.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "We're late" he laughed.

I laughed. "I'm late for everything and anything. Important or not so why wouldn't I be late to my own wedding"

He chuckled and took my arm again. "Good luck?" He said "What am I meant to say here?"

"No clue" I giggled. "But I don't really care just say something to take my mind off this" I said waving my hand about.

"Here take these" Hook said and handed me a bouquet of red roses. I smiled and held them tight.

A maid ran out behind us and I spun. She had a pair of long white gloves in her hand. "His majesty requested that you where these" she said holding them out. She pulled a white shawl out as well and tried to hand them to me.

"Why?" I asked comfused.

"Your scars. He wishes that you will cover them" the maid panted. She must have ran after me.

I frowned and looked down at the scars on my forearms and looked back at the one on my shoulder. I shook my head. "Tell him I said no. Actually I tell him myself" I said and smiled.

The maid bit her lip nervously. "Yes miss. Ok miss" she said and stepped infront of me. She pushed open a door and revealed the large ballroom. It had been decorated and looked beautiful. Hundreds of chairs were filled and I gasped as they all looked at me. The room fell silent as I was tugged gently inside by my father.

I looked down and concentrated on not tripping up when I heard a soft voice. "Look up lass" my father said. I nodded slightly and looked up. Jasper stood at the front in the most elegant outfit suit for a king. Beside him stood a row of guards but one was missing. A guard with dark hair and large dark eyes. I scanned the room quickly for him but he was nowhere to be seen.

We stopped. The end of the aisle. My heart stopped for a second and my feet rooted to the spot. "He'll be fine Willow" my father whispered in my ear and walked away. I bit my lip and stepped forward next to my king.

"Can I trust you to behave?" Jasper whispered. He smiled at me but the look in his eyes told me it was just for show.

"Why are we doing this?" I whispered. I smiled back. To everyone in the crowd we were a loving couple exchanging their last words before they were married.

"Because I love you and want to make you queen" he smiled and it seemed geniune.

"You loved Jake. You going to kill me too?" I smirked at him.

His smile faltered but only for a second. "Do not speak of him. Not here. Not anywhere. Not ever. Understood. He tried to kill you. He deserved what he got"

"You killed Felix and Jake, does that mean I get to kill you?" I smiled a genuine smile. The thought of Jasper gone for good made me happy.

"Watch your tongue. This wedding can end in another one of your loved ones dead as there are 6 in this room alone" He smirked at me and I pursed my lips together.

"You dare threaten my loved ones again" I hissed.

"You'll what? Cry?" He mocked. I took a deep breath and heard the priest cough. He was standing right behind us so must have heard everything. He looked nervously between us.

"It's been requested that this ceremony is as short as possible and that I've not to go one with all the lovey dovey crap as it was put by the guard" everyone chuckled myself included. That was Caelan without a doubt.

"So... do you King Jasper take Willow Jones to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do"

"And do you Willow Jones take King Jasper to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

This was it. I only had to say 2 words and it would be done. That wasnt hard. Was it? I opened my mouth and took a breath "I do" I said and shut my mouth. That was it. Done.

"So without further ado. By the power invested in me I now declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" the priest said. I looked at him nervously and then felt a hand at the back of my head. Must put on a show I thought and kissed Jasper back. I hoped Caelan wasn't in the room, doing this to him broke my heart so I'm scared to know what it would do to his.

I counted to 5 and pulled back. Jasper smiled at me and took my hand. I let out a breath and we walked down the aisle together.