Chapter 9

I jumped back and glared at Jasper. "If you touch a hair on his head I swear to god..." I threatened.

He chuckled. "You'll what? You dont have your powers princess"

I jumped at him and he landed back on the bed. I sat on his stomach and wrapped my hands around his neck. "I don't need my powers" I hissed.

He just smiled. I frowned at him and he grabbed my wrists with one hand and spun us so that he was leaning over me. "Kitten's got claws" he laughed before running a finger down my face. I tried to squirm away but he just laughed and put my hands above my head and leaned against my legs.

He looked up at my forearms and began to trace the scars. "I would tell you to keep yourself out of trouble but I know that's impossible for you so try not to hurt yourself" he laughed and got off me.

I growled at him and stood up rubbing my wrists. I shook my arm to get the cuff to come back down to my wrist and Jasper watched my every move. "Where is he?" I said softly.

"Outside. Third door on the right I believe" he shrugged and went over to the window without another word. I walked to the door and as I was about to leave he called out to me "And Kitten. Don't do anything you might regret"

I shook off his comment and left the room. My bare feet padded down the cold floor. Counting the doors as I passed until I came to the third. I opened the door carefully and heard grunts from inside. I frowned and stepped in to see Caelan tied to the wall with rope like a sort of animal. His shirt was missing and he had a large gash across his chest. The room was small and empty apart from a small old bed in the corner.

I gasped and ran over to him. He saw me and his eyes lit up. His face was covered in dirt but I didnt care as I grabbed his face and crashed my lips against his. For those few seconds nothing was wrong. Everything was perfect.

I wasnt being forced to become queen. Caelan wasn't tied to the wall. I wasn't getting married to Jasper.

Wait. I was getting married to Jasper! I broke away from Caelan and started to mutter. "What is it, love?" He asked. I looked up at him and burst into tears and collapsed onto the floor. He tried to get to me but his ropes wouldnt allow so he sat infront of me and tried to soothe me. But I was unconsolable.

"He's making me marry him" I sobbed and Caelan's eyes went wide.

"What!" He choked out.

"He wants me to rule beside him" I covered my face with my hands. "I'm scared Caelan"

"Shh. It's going to be ok. We'll get out of this. We always do" He hushed.

I cried harder "I.. I... I dont want to marry him" I said as I uncovered my face. "And he says we can't be together or he'll... he'll" I gasped as I continued to sob harder. I couldn't control my emotions as everything hit me like a dumptruck. "He said he'd kill you" I cried.

"Shh" Caelan tried. "It'll be okay. But I'd rather stay alive so if you could tell him we're not together that would be great" he chuckled.

I stared at him and my mouth dropped open "Are you breaking up with me?  I asked astounded.

He saw my face and stopped laughing. "No! But he doesn't have to know that"

I let out a breath and stared at the ceiling. "What if he finds out?"

"Let's take that risk" Caelan smiled. "Now get over here so I can actually reach you"

I giggled and crawled over to him. I leaned my shoulder against his chest and he hissed. "Sorry! I said and jumped back.

"No no. Come back" he whined and pulled me into him. I giggled and cuddled into his warm chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head. "Now you have a king to convince" he said with a smile and I nodded before standing up and going to the door.

"See you" I said and gave him a weak smile before leaving. My face was still wet with tears and my breathing hadn't fully calmed down. So when I walked into my room Jasper rushed over to me and checked me for injuries.

I pushed him away and went to the window. He followed me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I flinched and tensed but he didnt seem to notice and rested his chin on my shoulder. "I did what you asked. We're not together anymore" I said quietly.

"Good because you are mine and only mine" Jasper whispered in my ear before kissing my head lightly and walking away.

Really short chapter! Im sorry! Writers block!

😙