Chapter 6

Willow's POV

I gasped as I felt something change in my head. "Much better" I heard Saph's voice say.

"Saph!" I said excitedly. I started giggling through my tears. "I thought you were gone! I was so alone"

"Me gone! You can't get rid of me that easily!" She laughed.

I giggled more "But how? Where did you go?"

"Turns out Felix pulled me out. For the past year we've been trying to get a connection to you but he can only reach me. Maybe now he can pull us both out"

"You mean he's here? Is Caelan here?" I scanned the area even though I knew that if Felix had brought them that they would be invisible to me.

"Yep! They're probably really confused though" she laughed again.

I jumped up and looked around. "Caelan? If you can hear me... Happy Birthday" There was so much more I wanted to say but I wanted to be able to see him.

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and smiled. Then I heard the giggle that has haunted my dreams every night over the past year. "Willow! Your tea's getting cold!" Alice giggled. Her voice echoed through the forest and I began to run.

"Where are you going?" Saph yelled.

"Don't know, don't care. Just as long as it's not with them" I said. I could feel Saph sorting through my memories. "Stop" I said.

"Willow stop running" she said in a worried tone.

"Why?"

"You know why!"

"....Because I'll always end up back at the.."

"Tea Party!" The Mad Hatter yelled as I ran into the clearing with the table.

The scene flickered from the bright and colourful to the dark and dying. I blinked my eyes as they tried to focus.  "Have a seat!" Alice giggled as she grabbed my arm and dragged my over to the table. She was suprisingly strong for someone so small. She pushed me into a chair and I felt cold hands grab my face from behind.

Alice giggled and picked up a cup of tea. "A cup of tea makes everything better" she giggled. I pursed my lips together and tried to move my head but the person behind my hand a strong grip on my head.

"Please-" I begged but was cut off by Alice pouring the hot liquid down my throat. The person holding my head covered my mouth so I had to swallow before releasing me. I scrambled away and shut my eyes as I began to feel drowsy.

"Whats happening?" Saph asked worried.

"It shows us what we want to see but can never have" I cried as I fought to keep myself awake.

I couldnt fight anymore and let myself drop. My head hit a rock and a gasped before everything went black.

****

I sat upright and looked around. I was in some sort of wooden box. That was new. I jumped out and scanned my surroundings. I was in the forest back in the World Without Magic. I scrambled back and tripped. My head hurt from where I had hit it and my knee stung from where I had cut it open.

I heard voices. Two of them. Both male. Both familiar. I jumped up and saw Caelan and Felix. But they weren't real. They never were. The tea made me see what I wanted to see. But where was Saph. Caelan spotted me and gasped. "Willow" he breathed. I shook my head and ran deep into the forest.