Chapter 29

A.N. This chapter is in Caelan's POV

We rode for days. Stopping only for sleep and meals. By meals I mean food that myself and Jordan stole from local marketplaces. Jake told us that he knew where we were going but he hasn't told anyone.

Willow hasn't spoken since what happened in the forest. She refuses to eat and I don't think she sleeps much as I've never seen her.

Ethan has been freaking out because we left Saph and Tristan keeps trying to convince him that she'll be okay. 

Everyone seems different. No one talks much and if they do it's a short conversation.

I helped Willow up off the floor and she stood and followed me to the horse. Her knees buckled and she fell into me. That's another thing. She became extremely weak and simple things such as walking a short distance was a struggle for her. Lack of sleep and nutrition wasn't helping either.

I lifted her up onto the horse before swinging myself up. The brown horse beneath us along with the other horses seemed to be the only beings that seemed to be happy.

We rode for a few hours with Jake in front as usual. I sighed in relief when I heard Willow's even breathing and realised she was asleep against my back. "We're here!" Jake said. His eyes lit up and a smile flickered over his lips.

My body tensed as I waited for Willow to wake up. But she never did. I smiled faintly as I went up beside Jake and looked down to see a vast kingdom below me. A large palace stood glittering in the sunlight. "Where are we?" Ethan asked.

"Camelot" Jake said grinning now. "Neighbouring kingdoms have gathered here to discuss how to overthrow Jasper" his horse started down the hill towards the castle and Jordan, Tristan and Ethan followed behind me. I was reluctant to follow as a thought kept nagging at me. What about Willow? She was the queen. She is the queen"

I shook the thought away and follwed after them. By the time I caught up to them we were entering the village. People crowded from their houses to see us. People gasped when they saw Jake and whispered when they saw Willow. I looked behind me at her and realised that she'd pulled her hood up and her face was hidden.

We continued to the castle gates before Jake jumped from his horse and tied it to a post. We waited outside as Jake entered the palace. A few moments later his head popped out and he waved us inside. Tristan and Jordan jumped off their horses in a flash and tied them up next to Jake's. Ethan was a little less graceful and fell but quickly enough, righted himself and tied up his horse.

I slid off my horse and lifted Willow down. I was careful not to wake her as I carried her bridal style towards the palace doors and Ethan dealt with the horse. Jake held the doors open as I went inside. Willow's hood was still over her face and I was afraid that if I moved it she would wake.

We walked into a room with a large group of people. Some I recognised from school. Others, only from their stories. "Come. Come. Quickly" King Athur stepped from the group and ushered us inside. He didn't seem to notice the unconcious girl in my arms. His daughter did. I knew her. Her name was.... Victoria.

"What happened?" She said running towards us.

"Where are you from? You don't look in great shape" Arthur said worriedly.

Jake stepped forward. He was better at this than the rest of us. "My old home. My name is Jake and my brother is King Jasper"

Everyone gasped. "My dear boy. You're not with him are you?" Arthur asked him.

"Of course not! Dad. That's the boy that was exucuted in front of everyone! You know. Because of that girl. Hook's daughter" Victoria said to her dad.