Chapter 14

I lay back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I sighed and went back to creating a shadow whirlwind above my head once more. I lay like that for what felt like hours before I heard a thud and angry shouts from outside my room. I waved my hand and the whirlwind disapeared.

I sat up and slowly walked to the door. I pulled it open and stared out to see Jake holding Jasper up against the wall by the collar of his shirt. "I said its not true! She's lying!" Jake hissed. I coughed and Jake let go of his brother and stepped away. His eyes were dark and he was scowling.

"What did I miss?" I asked as I leaned against the doorframe and rested my head.

"You should try out for the play. You had everyone fooled by the sounds of it" Jasper laughed. Jake turned back to him and glared.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I sighed.

"Lexi's telling everyone that you faked your- whatever we're calling it. And that you're saying that you're Willow. I wonder how she found out about that?" He was still glaring at Jasper.

I straightened up. "Well the only people that know are you 2, Hook and Felix. So I wonder who told?" I stalked over to Jasper and Jake stepped away.

"Hey! I only told that Summer girl!" He said with his hands up.

"How does that make it any better! Keeping a secret means to not tell anyone! Anyone! Not 'dont tell anyone but the cute girl you want to impress!" I yelled. I could feel pressure building at my fingertips and felt like I was about to explode. I clenched my fists and glanced down to see the black veins on my forearms again. My power was bursting to get out but I was holding it back.

"I dont want to impress her! If I did it to get the girl I would have told Lexi directly!" He said laughing.

I took a deep breath and stepped back. "So why then, did you tell Summer." I said as calm as I could.

"She wanted to know if I knew any secrets about you" he said in a 'duh' tone.

"So you told her!" I said as my anger bubbled over and I wasnt able to even fake being calm.

He shrugged his shoulders "Yeah"

My fists clenched tighter and I could feel my nails digging into the palms of my hands. The pressure was all the way up my arms and I knew that if I stopped trying to hold it in for even a second I would explode. I stared at his smug face and in a flash I punched him. His head hit off the wall and he crumpled to the floor with a groan. I stepped forward to hit him again when Jake touched my arm. The small action distracted me for a second. But a second was all that was needed.

My fists unclenched and my eyes widened as I watched the shadows begin to coil up my arms. The tightened and then relaxed as they curled up around my neck. Jake grabbed my arm again but was thrown back as if he had hit a sort of forcefield. I knew I should be afraid as last time this happened it didnt end well but this time I welcomed the feeling.

I closed my eyes and let my head fall back. I smiled as the shadows completely engulfed me. They stayed for only a second before they disapeared again. I felt stronger as I stood there. Jake stood up again and ran over to me. He looked me over. "What happened?" He said his eyes wide. I cocked my head to the side and turned to glare at Jasper. He stared at me with big eyes.

"I'll be back for you" I hissed before I waltzed into my room. I felt confident. I didnt know the feeling but I didnt have a care in the world. I walked over to my mirror and saw that my reflection looked different.

My eyes were heavily lined and had a perfect black smokey eye. My lips were coated in black lipstick and my hair was in perfect long waves. I waved my hand and my dress grew long and a slit went up the left leg. The straps disapeared and I smiled. I was barefoot but didnt really care. My skin was paler and I sighed. That was the only thing wrong. I glared at my reflection before turning and walking back out the room where Jake was helping Jasper up.

I walked forward and grabbed Jasper by the ear. I whispered into his ear with a smile "Let's go show people who I really am then"

I let go of him and walked down the corridor. I walked to the top of the staircase and looked down to see almost everyone in the main hall. I smirked as I watched Lexi and Summer gossip with some other girls. I smiled and started walking down the stairs. I stopped when she didn't  try to stop me. "You're not going to stop me?" I whispered.

"No. Have fun" she said.

I smiled and continued down the stairs to have my fun.