Chapter 18

As soon as we got out the room and the doors closed behind us I shrugged Jasper off and walked away. "Kitten wait!" He shouted after me. I stopped. I hated that nickname.

"Why? There's no one here so I dont have to act like I actually enjoy your company" I said and folded my arms.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "You're not wearing your gloves or your shawl" he frowned.

"No. I didn't feel the need to wear them" I shrugged and played with my braid.

"I do. Your scars are really visible" he pointed to my arms and I raised my eyebrow.

"And your point is?"

"I don't want to look at how my brother hurt you all day" Jasper sighed.

I scowled "So you want me to pretend they're not there? Sorry Princess but they are. Deal with it"

"Just put the gloves on because seeing them makes me angry and I really don't want to hurt anyone today" Jasper sighed. "And don't call me Princess"

"Just stay away from me and you won't have to see them" I smiled and turned to leave when I felt a hand grip my arm.

"Put on the gloves or I'll put them on you myself" Jasper hissed and thrust the gloves at me. I had no idea where they had cane from. I scowled at him but pulled the gloves on without another word. "You will stay by my side at all times unless I say otherwise. Understand?"

I stared at him. "I'm not your pet Jasper. You can't just tell me to stay. Funnily enough I have people here I might want to talk to"

"Well then I'll come with you" he shrugged.

"No. No you won't. I'll talk to my friends myself. I don't need or want you to be anywhere near us" I hissed.

"We'll see" Jasper smirked and spun me around as the doors opened once again and the guests rushed out. I recognised many people from the school, others I recognised from my favourite fairytales. I put a smile on my face as people welcomed me to the throne. I wanted to tell them that I wasnt actually queen until the coronation tomorrow but I kept my mouth shut.

****

By the time the night came I was exhausted. My cheeks hurt from smiling and my arm hurt from when Jasper would grip me tighter when I tried to leave. I rubbed it slightly and when he let go of me eventually to shake someones hand I took my chances and scurried away.

I pushed through crowds and made my way to the balcony to breathe. The dress was too tight and felt like it was crushing my internal organs. I breathed in the fresh air and tried to pull the material away from my chest. My satin gloves kept slipping and I ripped them off before clawing at the dress again as I fought for a breath.

"Willow?" I voice said and I ignored it and concentrated on loosening the dress. "Willow!" It said again and I felt hands spin me. I let out a frustrated cry through ragged breaths and felt tears form. Panic settled in as I realised that the dress wasn't budging.

I was turned again and suddenly I heard a zip and then I could breathe. I breathed in the cold air and held the dress as it loosened. I clutched the balcony as I began to calm. A warm hand touched my bare back and I screamed and spun. Ethan jumped back and I laughed in relief. He smiled at me.

"Thanks by the way" I said smiling. "I don't know what happened I was fine earlier" I shook my head and looked down at the dress that was threatening to fall. I reached back and felt that Ethan had undone the zipper. I waved my hand and the dress changed to a long black dress that was much looser. "It will do for now" I said as I laughed.