Chapter 8

Someone gasped in pain and I spun to see Caelan stabbing the guard holding him in the leg. The guard let him go and Caelan burst forward. He went straight for Felix and sent his fist towards his face. Felix toppled back and the hook fell from his grip.

I lunged forward and grabbed the hook. Caelan and Felix continued to roll about fighting but I clutched it to my chest and scrambled up and turned back to the blonde figure who was now approaching me. He stood in front of me and went to touch my scraped face. I flinched back and he sighed before pulling his hand back.

"Jasper-" I started and felt myself grow angry. Saph was giggling in my head as she waited for a fight.

Jasper cut me off "Who did this to you? You will be queen so you should be treated as such so tell me who did this and I shall have them executed" he said as he reached for my face again.

I glared at him and slapped him as hard as I could. He looked up at me and touched his lip. He raised an eyebrow "I guess I deserved that. I shouldn't have cut you off. Please continue"

"You think that's why I'm angry at you?" I hissed. The look on his face told me he did and I scowled. "There is a list if things that I'm angry at you for"

"That's all the past honey" He said and reached for me again. Surely by now he got the point that I didn't want touched.

"That doesn't mean that it didn't still happen!" I shouted. I was astounded that he thought he would be forgiven. "And don't call me honey"

He chuckled and waved his hand. Two more guards came in and pulled Caelan away from Felix. "Lock him up downstairs. I'll need him later" He smiled at me and I bit my lip as they dragged Caelan away.

"What are you going to do with him?" I asked nervously. My anger drained as worry took over at the thought of someone hurting Caelan.

Jasper chuckled. "You don't need to worry about him. Now give me the hook and I can explain what is going on"

I looked down at the hook that was still clutched to my chest. I shook my head at him and he scowled. "Give it to me or I'll have to take it" I still shook my head.

The injured guard from before came at me and yanked the hook from my grip. I whimpered as the sharp point sliced my palms. For being so worried about my scrapes earlier, Jasper didnt seem to care about the new ones.

I hissed at him and pulled the dagger from my skirt and pointed it at him. "Bring back any memories?" I said as I held it to his throat. He chuckled and I scowled.

He moved so quick that I didn't have time to react. His hand wrapped around my wrist that was holding the blade and squeezed. I gasped as I swear I heard something pop. I dropped the dagger and he smiled before pulling me to his chest. He pulled up my other hand and held them to my chest so I was stuck. I struggled against him but he ignored me.

He brought up his other hand and brushed my hair away from my scraped face. I flinched as his fingers ran over my face. I looked at him and he looked genuinely comcerned and that is what scared me most.

His hand moved so that he was holding my chin towards him. I averted my eyes. "Look at me" he hissed. I looked into his eyes as his face softened. "Was it the pirate?" He said softly and scanned my face.

I shook my head and he smiled "I sent Felix to keep you safe. I can't say I was too happy when he said that he'd lost you in Wonderland" he chuckled. "I didn't kill him though. His ability was too useful. So rare as well. Not as rare as you of course" he smiled and my eyes widened. What on earth is he planning?

"I learned something whilst you were gone. When you kill you gain the persons abilities. Meaning I now have 2 abilities. However dark magic is a bit more complicated and I haven't worked out how to gain their powers" he smiled again. "Shame. I would have quite liked to have the ability of spinning string of gold"