Chapter 1: A Perfect Day

Chapter 1:

I pick up all the flowers. I place them on the kitchen table and pull a vase from the cabinet. I put it under the sink and fill it with water. I pick the flowers back up and put it in the vase. I place them in and see a note hanging from one of the stems. It reads:

I love you. Please come back.

-Mitch xoxo

I start balling my eyes out. I grab a flower and fling the door open, shutting it behind me. I run as fast as I can, down the street. I grip the flower in my hand. Once I arrive at the house, I see only Mitch's car parked out. Mat isn't home. I walk up to the door. I look at the rose in my hand. I knock.

I wait there for what feels like hours. Finally, Mitch opens the door. His face is dripping in tears. He looks at the rose in my hand. Suddenly, he jumps at me, picking me up. He gives me a long passionate kiss. I return it.

He puts me down. I smile at him. I missed this feeling. The feeling of being safe around him. The feeling of not needing to be worried. Mitch looks behind me wide eyed. I look behind him and see snow falling down.

"The first snow fall of the year." I state.

"Perfect timing eh?" He replies, smiling at the snow.

I grab his hand and pull him outside. He chuckles and picks me up, twirling me around. I drop the rose in a small pile of snow. ,He finally puts me down. It was just like that night at the park. Our first official date.

I look behind us and see Mat's car with everyone in it. He turns off the engine and walks out. Everyone else walks out of the car too. Mat runs up to me. Mitch pulls me in closer to him.

"Get your hands off my sister." He says, clenching his fist.

"Mat, no. I forgive him. I trust him enough." I explain.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes. And can I please move back in?" I ask, embarrassed.

He smiles at me. He steps up and I give him a hug. I miss living with my big brother. Sure he can be a pain in the ass sometimes but, I love him to death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you're moving back in with Mat?" Jason asks.

"Yeah. I'm sorry Jason. I decided to forgive Mitch." I say, guilty.

"It's fine Kelly. Really. I was actually gonna tell you, I needed to go back to Arizona. Adam needed help with his equipment." He explains.

"I'm gonna miss you ex roommate." I say, smiling.

We give each other a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch carries in the last of my boxes.

"Thanks Mitch." I say, while giving him a kiss.

He returns it as he walks upstairs with the box.

I turn to Jason, putting his luggage into the back of the car. Mat gets into the car. I walk over to Jason, closing the trunk.

"Im gonna miss you Jason." I say.

He pulls me in for a hug.

"I'll miss you too. Talk to me soon m'kay?" He says into my shoulder.

We pull away and he hops into the passengers seat. I walk over to Mat's window. He rolls it down.

"Be careful ok? Come home in one piece." I say.

"Yeah little sis. I'll see you soon." He replies.

I walk back into the house, greeted by Sarah, Sadie, Preston, Joseph, Dylan, Hazel and Jerome.

"YOU'RE BACK!" All the girls yell.

The jump up and suffocate me with hugs.

"Can't.. Breath!" I manage to say.

All the girls pull away and laugh. I walk to the boys.

"Good to be back boys." I say.

"You came back you cactus!" Preston yells.

"Chop chop!" Jerome yells.

"GURL! YOU IZ BACK!" Dylan yells.

"Whatever." Joseph says.

"Nub." I say back.

Joseph lets out a gasp. I laugh and begin to walk up the stairs. Midway, I get stopped.

"Ooohh. You never know what's gonna happen in that bedroom!" Sadie yells.

"KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE!" Hazel yells.

"PG 13!" Sarah yells as well.

I laugh and walk into our room. I see Mitch unpacking some boxes. He looks over at me.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey." I reply.

I begin to unpack my stuff. You know, I'm starting to get tired of unpacking. We need assistants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We decide to take a break. We walk downstairs to see everyone sitting on the couch. Then, I notice someone is missing.

"Brianna?" I ask.

"Right. She had to move in with her brother. She's planning to go to university." Emily explains.

"Aww. Too bad." I say.

Me and Mitch sit on the couch together. He swings his arm around me. We watch Preston and the other boys play on the xbox one.

Then, Mat walks in.

"Heeeyyy" I say.

He nods. He throws his jacket on the rack and squeezes himself on the couch. I look at my phone and realize that it's already 11.

Me and Mitch walk to our room and get settled in. There's still boxes all over the place. I change into my PJ's and brush my teeth. Mitch follows me. I put my hair into a bun and hop into bed. Mitch lays down beside me. I snuggle my face into his chest. The scent of Mitch fills my nostrils.

"I love you." He says.

I move myself closer to him. He pulls me in. I'm finally with the one I love again. I finally manage to get the words out of my mouth.

"I love you too." I whisper.

He kisses my forehead and we doze off together.

A/N:

Hey guys! First chapter! Yussss! I hope you enjoyed this one! More to come! Follow my Instagram:

future_mrs_hughes

Did you guys see Mitch's new hunger games parody?! ITS SOOOO BOOTIFUL! HOT AND SPICY. I'm actually listening it as we speak. If you haven't listened to it, I highly suggest watching it now.

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo