Chapter 5: Christmas Shopping

Chapter 5:

I check the calendar. It's December 5th. I probably should go Christmas shopping. I walk into the kitchen and grab Mitch's keys. I slide my jacket over my long grey cardigan and slip on my white vans.

I step into Mitch's car and turn on the engine. I immediately turn the heat on. I was born on May 18 so, winter isn't really my thing. Spring is where my heart is at.

I back out of the driveway and drive to the mall. I would consider myself a good driver. I mean, I did pass the drivers test on 1 try. Mat took 3 tries. I laughed at him for the longest time.

Once I park the car, I turn off the engine and step out. Luckily, I got a close spot, because I can't stand the cold. I speed walk inside the mall.

I walk forward and see a pair of shoes that scream Emily's name. I pick them up and check for her size. Perfect. I walk to the cashier and pay for the shoes. I don't mind paying much money for people. I mean, me and Mat share his YouTube money. If we didn't, he'd probably spend it all of a sack of potatoes.

I hold the bag and walk out of the store. Right across the store I just went to, I see a Minecraft set that screams Joseph's name. Again, I walk inside, pick it up and pay for it.

It takes me a couple minutes of walking to find something else. I walk past a store and see a shiny watch that would suit Jerome perfectly. I walk in and pay for it.

At the end, I got a new hockey stick for Dylan, a transparent red plastic gummy bear full of skittles for Sadie, a new headset for Mat, a pair of glasses with the words 'Call of Duty' across the glass, a pair of uggs for Sarah, and a new hair curler for Hazel.

At this point, I already spent over $500 and have a bunch of bags in my hand. Then, I remember. I haven't found anything for Mitch yet. I don't know what to get him.

Go big or go home.

I think to myself. I must have been standing in front of people because a person taps my shoulder.

"Having trouble?" A man asks.

"I'm Christmas shopping. I have no idea what to get my boyfriend." I explain.

"Hmm. May I suggest getting him the new pair of shoes over at that shoe store right there!" He suggests.

"Thank you!" I say.

I walk over to the store. The new shoe amazes me. I pick it up and try to remember his shoe size. Once I get his shoe size, I pay for the shoes and leave. I decide to get a shit load of candy with his package.

I exit the mall and find Mitch's car. I drop off all the bags in the trunk. I stop by the convenience store and pick up 2 bags of skittles, 2 bags of Mars Bars, and 1 bag of Starburst.

Just as I leave, my phone rings.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey babe, where are you?" Mitch says.

"I just went to the mall. I'm coming back." I reply.

"Ok. Can you pick me up some poutine of the way?" He asks.

I can basically hear his smile. That boy can eat all the poutine in the world.

"Sure. I'll be home soon." I say.

I hang up and make a turn back to the mall. I order poutine for Mitch and go back home. When I park, I pick all the bags up and open the door.

"I'll help with the bags." Mitch offers.

"No you don't. You can't look. You can take your poutine." I say handing him the poutine and his keys.

He laughs and takes it. I walk upstairs and drop all the bags in my closet. I'll wrap them later.

"Kelly where were you?" I hear Mat ask.

I turn around to see Mat.

"Oh I just went out to the mall to do some Christmas shopping." I reply.

"By yourself?" Mat asks, surprised.

"Mat.." I say.

"Sorry! I'm doing that thing again. Btw Auntie Brandy is going to visit us tomorrow so be ready." He says, leaving.

"AUNTIE BRANDY NOOOO!" I yell.

I hear Mat laughing. I never liked Auntie Brandy. She took care of us after mom died and dad went to jail. She was the worst. She treated Mat like he was the king and I was the peasant.

She used to always tell me 'Whatever'. But every time Mat asked for something, it was always 'Of course sweetie!'. She always used to nag me about how I didn't even think of getting a job or thinking about college or university.

I hope she doesn't nag me especially tomorrow. She obviously wouldn't approve of my boyfriend. Jesus, can that woman leave my life alone?

A/N:

Hey guys! Chapter 5 is up! I hope you guys enjoyed. The contest ends tomorrow so PLEASEEEEE enter on the chapter A/N thing called 'Contest Clearing'. More info there! Thanks for all the support guys. All support is appreciated.

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo