Chapter 28: Conflict

Chapter 28:

I sprint as fast as I could, back to the house. I try to remember the directions. Don't fail me now, memory.

I don't worry about my breathing. All I'm worried about right now is my friends. I sprint a little bit faster until I see the house. I make a sharp turn and run straight into the driveway.

I swing the door open and see everyone on the floor with 2 men in front of them.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed a little too loud.

One of the men walk up to me. Before I get hit, someone stops him.

"Let her speak for a second, then you can hurt her." A voice says.

I turn around. To my surprise, I spot Liz with her arms crossed.

"Stupid girl..." She says, with a smirk on her face. "Did you really fall for that?"

"N-no." I stutter.

"You really thought I was apologizing?" She asks.

I stand there speechless. I hear get punched in the gut.

"Mat!" I turn around.

"Hold her back!" Liz snaps.

The 2 men hold me back. I struggle but give up after realizing I'm nothing compared to these men. They turn me back to Liz.

"Liz, do whatever you want to me. Let them all go." I pant.

"Do you think it's that easy? If your going down, all your friends are too. Remember?" She smirks.

"Liz, don't do this." I beg.

She laughs as if it was a joke. You gotta be kidding right now. All my friends are getting tortured right in a fucking house.

"Give her a little shock." She says.

I have no idea what she means. Before I could speak, a shock goes throughout my whole body. I fall to the ground in pain. I look up as a man holds a taser in one hand and a baseball bat in another.

"Bring her up!" She yells.

They lift me up by the arms, giving no mercy.

"If you ever call the police, or even tell anybody.. I swear on my life, I will kill you." She says.

I nod quickly. I start to pant harder.

"Knock her out!" She says.

Before I could speak, something hits me at the back of my head. All I see is black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up on the cold hard ground, in front of our door. I slowly sit up and look behind me. Everyone is laying on the ground, miserable.

I force myself up and wake them up. Each one of them flutter their eyes. I've never been so happy to see them. I shake Mitch to wake him up. He rolls over and opens his eyes.

I help everyone up from the floor. I carefully bring each one of them to their bedroom. I feel like mom. She used to take care of us all the time.

After 2 hours, of cleaning wounds, helping everyone, I finally can relax and take care of myself. I walk to the bathroom and look at the mark on my forehead. It has a bruise. I open up the cabinet and pull a first aid box out.

I grab some medicine and apply it to the bruise. Then, I walk out.

Mitch lies on the bed, watching TV. I walk up and join him, throwing the sheets over me. I dig my head into his chest.

"Thank you." He says.

"For?" I ask.

"Being brave."

"I wasn't brave. What did I do?"

"You were brave enough to come help us. I knew you always had this in you."

I smile at him. He kisses me on the forehead, just missing my bruise. I look at the TV for a couple minutes. Then, my eyes slowly drift closed.

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry for the horrible chapter today. I've been busy with school. It was short and horrible. I duns think you'll like it.

I met a couple fantabulous readers today! They were absolutely awesome! If you didn't get a chance to talk to me yet, I am free on the weekends! Be sure to message me the date and time (est) you want to set up!

Thank you for already 22k on my 1st book. I never thought I could get this far.

If you liked this chapter, be sure to comment to let me know what you thought and hit that magical star to vote!

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo