Chapter 26: Moment Of Truth

Chapter 26:

"Kelly!" Sadie says, running down the stairs.

I quickly hide the envelope behind my back.

"Hey! Enjoying the trip?" I ask.

"It's awesome! How bout we hit the pool later?" She asks, smiling.

I nod. She runs back upstairs. I take the envelope and run upstairs as well. I walk into my room and see Mitch, already settling in. I quickly hide the envelope in my suitcase. He has his laptop out and is already editing some of his signature hunger games videos.

"Hey, I'm going to the pool. You coming?" I ask.

"Yeah, just give me a second. Go without me, I'll be there soon." He says.

I nod. I look through my bag for my bikini, I strangely brought with me, even though we were going to New York. I put sunscreen, sunglasses, and a towel in a small bag, yet again I still brought. I put a cover up in my bag and head to the bathroom.

I change into my bikini and slide my cover up on top. I put my pair of flip flops into my bag as well and leave the bathroom.

I walk out of my room and down the stairs. I walk pass the huge living room and into the kitchen. I open the huge glass door that leads to the backyard. I already see Mat and Sadie lounging by the pool.

I take a seat beside Sadie and throw my pair of flip flops on the floor. I put my hair into a messy bun and begin to put sunscreen on.

"Isn't Mitch coming?" Sadie asks.

"Yeah, he's editing videos. He said he'll be down soon." I explain.

Sadie nods.

"How's your birthday so far?" Mat asks.

"Amazing. I couldn't ask for a better 20th birthday." She says.

"Exactly. Because you can't ask for a better one. It's the only one you're getting. You only turn 20 once, Sadie." I say.

"Yeah, I know." She says.

"And you're turning old, so..." I chuckle.

"Wow, thanks." She says, sitting back.

"You're welcome." I say, putting my glasses over my face, while sitting back as well.

I close my eyes and relax. I feel the cool breeze fly around me. But, it's not enough to keep me cool from the hot sun.

Suddenly, I feel a kiss planted on my cheek. My eyes immediately open. But, to my surprise, I see Mitch in his swim trunks.

"Hello." I smile.

"Hello." He replies.

We stare at each other for a while. Suddenly, he grabs my hand. My cover up immediately flies off. He pulls me up and hangs me on one hand, just above the pool.

"NO! HELPP!" I shout.

But, nobody helps. Mat and Sadie just laugh. Then, Mitch pulls me in and jumps in, pulling both of us in.

I open my eyes underwater. Mitch does the same. I grab his hand and share our first underwater kiss. We swim back up to surface. Mat and Sadie are still sitting down. We both get up and pull them.

"What are you doing?!" Mat yells.

I pull Sadie. In no time, Sadie splashes in the pool. Mat follows. Me and Mitch laugh as they spit water from their mouths.

Then, out of nowhere, someone grabs our ankles and pulls us in.

We laugh in the pool for the longest time.

"Best birthday ever?" Mitch asks.

"Best birthday ever." Sadie says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get out of the shower and dry my hair. I put on a pair of denim shorts and a black tank top. I walk out of the bathroom and see Mitch sleeping on the bed. He's probably jet lagged.

I step up to my suitcase and pull out the letter. I sit at the desk and stare at it. I turn around to make sure Mitch is still sleeping. Sleeping like a baby. I turn back around to look at the letter.

I keep staring at it. Finally, I slowly tear the end of the envelope. A sheet of folded paper falls out. I take a deep breath, and unfold the paper.

A/N:

LOLOLOLOL CLIFFHANGER AGAIN LOLOLOL. I know, I'm so mean.

Sorry for the late post though. I just finished homework. 7 hours. I hate school. I hate it. Stupid mind maps.

Anyway, shall we get 10K on this book soon? I think we shall. Ok I'm done with this LOL.

If you liked this chapter, be sure to leave a comment of what you thought and to hit that magical star to vote! All support is appreciated!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo