Chapter 33: My Decision

Chapter 33:

"Hello? Aunt Brandy?"

"Hello?"

"Um, this is Kelly.."

"Oh, you delinquent. What do you want?"

I feel embarrassed calling her. But, I know it's for the best.

"I decided that I've changed my mind. I want to go to college."

"See? I knew you would want college! I'll start looking for some applications. Go think about addition or something."

"I think I-"

She hangs up the phone in excitement. I look at my phone and press the home button. I go through my twitter for a while, scrolling for new tweets.

@bajancanadian

'Did you know, my little kitten bought me poutine? She knows the way to my heart! <3'

@JeromeASF

'Filming some Minecraft! Join the nexus and play with me!'

@TBNRFrags

'This jag is horrible at COD! Someone call the police! This is a crime! @NoochM'

I create a tweet myself. I begin to type on the keyboard.

@KellyPlaysMC

'I've been given a new nickname! Now down to Kitten! Haha @bajancanadian'

I press tweet and in less than a minute, it has 20 favourites and 150 retweets. I turn off my phone and look at the ceiling. I stare at it for a long time. Then, I fall asleep.

I wake up when I feel someone poking at my face. My eyes flutter open. I stare at Mitch's eyes.

"Hello there." I say.

"Hi Kitten!" He smiles.

"You're still going with that?"

"Yup!"

I sit up on the bed. I do a couple stretches with my arm. I'm what you call an 'annoying stretcher'. I stand up and Mitch does as well.

We walk down to the living room together, where everyone sits. Well, I gotta tell them eventually.

"Hey, guys. I got something to tell you." I say.

"You're pregnant? You're pregnant aren't you!" Sadie shouts.

"No, she's not pregnant. You're not pregnant, right?" Mat asks.

"No, she's not pregnant. Right?" Mitch asks.

"Guys, I'm not pregnant!" I laugh.

"Ok, so then what's the news?" Jerome asks.

"Well, first..." I start.

"WELL WHAT?! IM DYING! JUST TELL US!" Joseph yells.

"Shut your mouth and listen!" I playfully yell.

I take a deep breath and look at Mat. I quickly glance at everyone else.

"Before I say more, I want you guys to know this is my decision and I can't change it." I say.

"Ok, just tell us, you fudging cactus!" Preston giggles.

"For the sake of our family and our protection, I'm going to leave for college." I finally say.

"WHAT?!" They all shout in unison.

"WHY?" Hazel asks.

"Because, I don't want you guys getting hurt again. I thought, if I leave for college, then she'll at least back off you guys."

"But, who am I gonna yell at when there's no food?" Sadie frowns.

"Who's gonna be my cuddle buddy?" Mitch says, grabbing my waist from behind.

"Kelly, are you sure this is what you want?" Mat asks.

"Yes. I'm sure. I already called Aunt Brandy." I say. "But, you guys can visit me!"

"But it won't be the same." Jerome says.

"I know it won't, but I swear, it's for the best." I explain.

"When are you leaving?" Mitch asks.

"Not for a while. Maybe a couple weeks?" I think.

Everyone stands for a group hug. I dig my face into Mitch's chest.

"Everything is going to be ok. Everyone is going to be safe." I say.

"I promise."

A/N:

Hey everyone! Thank you for all the reads and votes! It means so much to me! I love you guys all! I know I say the same thing over and over each A/N, but I really do mean it.

What's gonna happen after she goes to college? Dun dun dun.

If you liked this chapter, be sure to leave a comment, sharing what you thought and to hit that magical star to vote! All support is appreciated!

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo