Chapter 16: Court

Chapter 16:

It's time. I squeeze Mitch's hand one last time. He kisses me on the cheek. Finally, the doors open up.

On one side, there are Liz's and Tyler's family. On the other side, it's empty. Everyone takes a seat. Me, Mitch, Sadie and Joseph sit a couple seats apart from them.

Everyone shuffles around and whispers. Some people on the other side stare at us. Suddenly, the judge hits his gavel, making everyone go silent.

"We are here for the case of Ms. Hills, Ms. Lore, Ms. Lourie, and Mr. Christie." He says. "We will first here from the lawyer of Mr. Christie and Ms. Hills."

Stephan steps up. He walks to the podium.

"Your honour, as you can see by Ms. Hills and Mr. Christie already, they have been injured. I am here defending them, for the rights. It is not acceptable to assault living things. Unless I'm wrong, no?" He says.

"You are correct." The judge says.

Fuck. He's good.

"So in this case, no different is made in the law, correct?" He asks.

"Yes sir." The judge nods.

"Then, what makes them not guilty? What makes them to be able to walk right out of here? They don't have that right, your honour!" He shouts.

"Thank you. We will now be hearing from the lawyer of Ms. Lore and Ms. Lourie." The judge says.

Joseph steps up. He walks up to the podium.

"Your honour, I am aware that Ms. Lore and Ms. Lourie have committed assault. I am aware of the rights." He starts.

What the hell? I thought he was defending us!

"But, everyone else is not aware that Mr. Christie has cheated on Ms. Lourie! Ms. Hills has tried to steal Ms. Lore's boyfriend! They have obviously caused conflict." Joseph says.

"Ms. Lore and Ms. Lourie have still caused this huge conflict at the mall." The judge says.

"Yes I am aware, your honour; Although, this wouldn't have happened without Ms. Hills and Mr. Christie causing the conflict in the beginning. Ms. Lore and Ms. Lourie didn't mean to cause this. It was out of pure frustration." He explains.

"I've heard enough." The judge says, knocking his gavel.

I start to get really nervous.

"Ms. Lore and Ms. Lourie.." He starts. "You are claimed guilty. You've been sentenced to prison for assault for 6 months."

A/N:

WHAT A TWIST! What's going to happen next? Who knows until tomorrow (; I'll see you guys tomorrow haha

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo