Chapter 9: Sorry I'm Not Sorry!

Chapter 9:

I wake up about an hour later. I roll over beside me. Empty. Mitch must've went downstairs. I stand up and stretch for a bit. Then, I open the door, and walk downstairs.

I walk into the living room and see Mat, Sarah, Preston, and Sadie on the couch. Aunt Brandy must be here still considering there's an empty space, and Jerome is sitting on the floor with Hazel on his lap.

"Hey, is Aunt Brandy still here?" I ask.

"Yeah, she's in the bathroom." Mat responds.

"Ewwww. Someone's gonna need to de-contaminate the toilet. NOT IT!" I say.

"NOT IT!" Everyone says in unison.

"Anyone know where Mitch is?" I ask.

"In the kitchen." Sarah replies.

I walk into the kitchen. I see Mitch filling a glass of water. He turns around when he hears my footstep. He walks up to me and takes a piece of hair in his hands and brushes it away from my face. I look into his dark brown eyes.

"What if I did go to college?" I whisper.

He takes some time to think.

"That's for you to decide." He responds.

Then, he turns around and walks out of the kitchen.

"You don't need to be Mister Wise Guy all of a sudden." I whisper.

"HEARD THAT!" Mitch shouts.

I chuckle. I walk out of the kitchen and join Mitch. Aunt Brandy is back. After a long moment of silence, I finally break it.

"So Aunt Brandy, I was thinking about college and-" I say, but get cut off.

"Goodie! Hit the books! I'll get some applications ready to be filled!" Aunt Brandy says, excited.

She stands up, enthusiastically. I stop her.

"What I was going to say was, I don't want to go to college." I say.

"What?! Do you know what you're doing?!" She shouts.

"Yeah. I figured that if I did go to college, I wouldn't be happy. I'm happy where I am." I explain.

"You're making a huge mistake with your life! Your mother would not want this! She would be ashamed!" She yells.

I can feel my face get red. I think everyone else noticed too.

"Okay, I think that we need to back off the subject now." Jerome says.

"Let's just move on, and deal with this another time." Sarah says.

I clench my fists. How could she say that?

"You know what? I thought you changed when you talked to me. But I thought wrong. You're still the same selfish person I always HATED! I'm not the brightest girl around, but I don't need college to know that you only care about ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELF!" I yell.

"You better apologize NOW!" She yells back.

"Well I think you should leave because SORRY I'M NOT SORRY! Buh bye!" I shout.

She gasps and stomps out of the house. When she leaves, everyone cheers. I laugh.

"Sorry I'm not sorry! I taught you well." Jerome says.

"You tell that cactus how it's done!" Preston says as well.

I feel a light touch at my shoulder. I turn around and see Mitch.

"You okay?" He whispers.

I nod. Then, Mat's phone rings. He picks it up. He doesn't say a word and hangs up.

"She said, she'll be back." Mat says.

Aunt Brandy still wants to fight? When she's back, I'll be stronger, braver, smarter, and more ready than ever.

A/N:

Hey guys! Chapter 9! I hope you guys liked it! Not much to say here other than Happy New Year! What's your new years resolution? Mine is to do better in school. If you know me irl, you know it's quite clear.

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo