Chapter 34: Applications

Chapter 34:

I lay on the bed with my phone raised above my head. I scroll through my twitter.

"So, you're really gonna go to college?" Mitch asks.

I look over at him. He rests his head in the pillow beside mine.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." I look down.

"Baby girl, look at me." He says, lifting my chin up.

I follow his orders and look straight at him.

"Don't be sorry. It was your decision and I'll respect whatever you choose." He says.

He pulls me in close for a kiss. I pull away and rest close to his chest. I continue to look at my phone as he slowly dozes off.

I hear the doorbell ring about 10 minutes later. I slowly get out of Mitch's grip so I don't wake him up. I quietly shut the door and walk downstairs.

I see that Mat already opened the door. Aunt Brandy sits with Mat on the couch.

"Hey, Aunt Brandy." I wave.

"Hello. I'm glad you made the right decision. Where is your little boyfriend? How is he taking it?" She asks.

"He's upstairs sleeping. He respects my decisions, whatever I choose."

"Oh, what a gentleman. So! Let's get started!"

"Start what?" I ask.

"I have some applications, well more than a few. I have about 5 different colleges you can go to." She says, pulling paper out of her bag.

"5 different colleges? How far away from here?" I ask.

"Well, not close at all! We need to get you to a good college, dear!"

I sigh and sit down with her. She spreads the paper across the coffee table.

"I need you to fill out all 6 of these applications by tomorrow." She says.

"6?! I thought you said 5!" I say.

"Oh, did I say 5? I meant 6." She says, handing me a pile of paper.

I stare at all the papers.

"Aunt Brandy, I can't fini-"

"I'll see you tomorrow to collect those. Bye!" She says, walking out the door.

I sigh and walk upstairs to my room. I slowly open the door and see Mitch still sleeping. I place the pile of papers on the desk and sit on the chair. I pick up the first set of applications and begin.

The first couple pages are basic information. It asks for my name, age, address, general stuff. I flip the page.

'What were the jobs you had?'

__________________________

I fill out the question.

'Paper girl in 9th grade, local convenience store in 10th grade, arts and crafts store in 12th grade, artist at 18.'

I used to be an artist, but I sort of gave up on it after a while. I continue to fill out all the papers. I shuffle a couple around.

'Write a paragraph about your life at the moment.'

My eyes brighten up when I read the question. I grab a freshly sharpened pencil and begin to write. I look over at my work until I'm satisfied.

"My name is Kelly Lore. My life has been a wild adventure so far. With my best friends Hazel, Sadie, and Sarah, anything is possible. With my loving brother, Mat, I can always feel safe. With my best guy friends, Preston, and Jerome, I can always laugh. One last part I'm forgetting though... my boyfriend, Mitch. With him, I can do all of the above. He makes me believe anything is possible. He can always make me feel safe. He can always make me laugh.

Without these group of people, I don't know where I would be now. But, I need to leave for college. I won't see them for a long time. But, I know it's what I need. It's what everyone else needs. So, I will go. But, I will keep these wonderful people in my mind."

I finish off. I feel someone lightly touch my waist. I turn around and see a half asleep Benja.

"What are you doing?" He says, in the middle of his yawn.

"Filling applications." I stretch.

"Take a break. You look tired." He suggests.

"Mitch, I have 5 left."

He grabs my hands and pull me close to his chest. I wrap my arms around his torso, inhaling his scent. We rock back and forth, slowly. I close my eyes and accept it all. Then, I slowly doze off.

A/N:

Hello everyone! Thanks for all the reads and votes guys! You're all amazing!

Like 1D? I want to give a shoutout to my talented friends that write fanfics! So, if you like some 1D fanfic, go here!

@01Sarahhh

(Louis Fanfic)

@EmilyGotThatStyle

(Zayn Fanfic)

If you liked this chapter, be sure to comment what you thought

and hit that magical star to vote! All support is appreciated!

(Sadie was here)

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo