Chapter 40: Final Chapter

Chapter 40:

I wake up to a beautiful snowy February morning. My eyes flutter open, letting the bright light hit my eyes. I immediately flip the blanket over my head, protecting my head.

I feel a light touch slowly removing the blanket. I open one eye to a very sleepy Mitch.

"Good morning." He smiles.

"Somewhat good morning." I reply.

Today is the day that I've been planning. The day I've been dreaded for, but the day I've also been most excited for. I don't even wanna think about it or say it. It fills my eyes with tears, but I think you all know what I'm talking about.

I cuddle up with Mitch. I flip my blanket all the way up to my neck. I use up all the time I could get.

"Come on now, Kitten. You need to get ready." He says.

"But, I don't wanna. I wanna cuddle with you all day." I put my hand on his chest, which reveals a very hot 6 pack.

"Come on, Kitten." He nudges.

"Fine." I frown.

I flip the blanket off of me and climb off the bed. I shuffle my way over to the bathroom. I again, strip down to nothing and turn on the shower, waiting for it to heat up.

I look at my bare body in the mirror. I've been getting kind of bloated. I'll go for a quick run later. I check the water and climb into the shower, letting the hot water rinse away all my worries.

When I get out, I quickly blow dry my hair and put it in a bun. I put on my sweatpants and a tank top. Grabbing my toothbrush, I quickly brush my teeth and walk out of the steaming bedroom.

Mitch lays on the bed, looking at his phone.

"I'm going for a quick run." I say, grabbing my grey sweater, with neon yellow highlights.

"I wanna come!" He says.

"Well you better hurry up!" I say.

He runs to the bathroom. I walk down the stairs, making sure to bring my running shoes. I look in the kitchen and the living room, where everyone is usually hanging out. They're all sleeping.

I spot Mitch walking down the stairs in his sweatpants and a dark blue sweatshirt.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

He nods. He follows me to the door, where we put our shoes on. We open the door and walk onto the sidewalk.

"5K in 20 minutes?" He asks.

"I'll try." I reply.

We begin to jog slowly. After a couple minutes, we pick up the speed a little.

"So, I'm almost at 3 million subs." Mitch pants.

"Awesome! Too bad I can't be there when it happens."

"Kitten, don't sweat it. It's not a big deal."

"Don't sweat it? It looks like you're sweating!" I say, pointing at him.

I hardly sweat. I rarely do. Whenever I go on runs, I end up dry as a desert.

"Not my fault that I sweat!" Mitch nudges me. "It's been 5k."

We stop. I pull my phone out and stop the timer that's been going on since we started running.

"23 minutes." I pant.

"Close enough." He high-fiving me.

We walk back to the house. When we get there, Aunt Brandy's call is parked out front. I knock on the door and Mat immediately opens.