Chapter 35: Accepted

Chapter 35:

"Does anyone wanna go out?" Mat asks.

"Mat, we hardly have any money left." I say.

"Sure we do. In the safe."

"The guys might be Youtubers, but we still need to pay the bills every month, remember?" I say, holding a stack of envelopes up.

"I don't wanna grow up." He sighs.

He sits down and opens the envelopes. I walk upstairs to Sarah's room.

"Hello." I say.

"I have work to do." Sarah says, pointing at the computer.

"Uh, huh." I say, walking up to the computer.

On her screen, she plays webkinz, the old children's game. She plays the supermodel mini game which made us laugh so hard back in middle school.

"Is this work?" I ask.

"Yes. It's very hard to come up with an ugly outfit the judges will love." She says, proud.

"Of course. With the username 'Novac'"

"Don't judge me!" She says.

"What the fudge?" Preston says.

I look over and realize Preston was sleeping the whole time we were talking.

"Oh. Whoops. BYE!" I run out.

I walk into my room. The past couple of days has been pretty boring and uneventful. Aunt Brandy sent my applications in a couple days ago. I hope I can get into a great college soon. I just want to keep everyone safe.

I sit at the desk and pull out a sheet of paper. I grab a sharpened pencil and begin to draw. At first, I don't know what I'm drawing. Then, it becomes a tree. I add detail into the roots sticking from the soil.

Branches spread apart from the bark. I add snow falling into the branches. I leave the picture half finished. I don't know why I always did that. I feel like it gives more mystery.

"Kelly! Come down!" Mat calls.

I walk down the stairs.

"Hey, the guys are still recording?" I ask.

"They just finished."

Just as Mat says that, the boys walk up from the basement. Mitch walks over to me and holds me by the waist.

"What did you need, Mat?" I ask.

"An envelope. For you."

He hands me an envelope with a red seal. I open it without reading who it's from.

'Ms. Lore,

We were astonished by your application. We are honoured to say that Stanford university has accepted you! Congratulations Ms. Lore. Please come down February 4th to you're new home.

-Stanford'

My jaw drops. One of the best universities just accepted me.

"Babe, you wouldn't believe it." I say.

"Oh I believe it." He says peeking over my shoulder.

"IM GOING TO STANFORD!" I scream.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Mat says, giving me a hug.

I pull away and look at the letter one last time... I'm actually gonna leave. I'm actually going away. I'm actually gonna keep them safe.

A/N:

Hey guys! If you didn't get the hint already, the 2nd book will be ending Feb 4th. But, the book will be continuing in the 3rd book!

If you liked this chapter, leave a comment telling me what you thought and hit that magical star to vote! All support is appreciated!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo