Chapter 38: Super Bowl

Chapter 38:

I wake up to another sunny day. I'm roll over and see a very sleepy Mitchell.

"Mitchell Donald Ralph Hughes! You're gonna be late for school!" I say, trying to impersonate his mother.

"5 more minutes, mom!" He groans.

"Don't give me that sass, Mitchell! It's time to get up!"

"Mom, I think I'm sick!" He groans again.

"I'll buy you a new penny board!"

He springs out of his bed. When he sees me, he looks confused. I laugh so hard that my stomach hurts.

"Not funny!" He says.

"Yes it is!" I say, between laughs.

"Babe.." He frowns, looking down at the floor.

"Aww, baby. I'm sorry." I say, getting up and giving him a hug.

Suddenly, he grabs me by the waist and spins me around.

"Mitch!" I shout.

"Haha! You don't mess with the Benj!" He laughs.

He stops spinning and throws me on the bed. I bounce for a couple seconds. I watch him walk up to me. He looks over me. I look straight into his eyes.

"Hello." I smile.

"Hi." He replies.

He leans in for a kiss and I gladly accept it.

"Hey sis, do you - woah! Walked in at the wrong time." Mat says.

"Yeah, you think? Move it!" Mitch says.

"Alright! Alright!" Mat says, closing the door.

Mitch looks at me again. He leans down but I slip out of his grip.

"Sad face." He says.

"I need to get ready." I chuckle.

I walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower. I strip down to nothing and when the water gets hot enough, I hop in.

Hot, steaming air fills the room. It never felt so good to take a hot shower. The past couple of days has been pretty stressful. When I finish, I turn off the faucet and wrap myself in a towel.

I take another towel and wrap my hair up. I take a step out of the bathroom. Cold air hits my body. I immediately get goosebumps. Mitch isn't in here.

I shrug my shoulders and look in my closet. I pull out a white fitted v-neck t-shirt and a pair of denim jeans. I walk back into the steamed bathroom and change. I look into the mirror and smile at my new hair.

The blue ends fits my personality. I dry my hair and do my makeup, as per usual. I walk out and grab my phone from the night stand. Mitch walks in and uses our bathroom.

I walk downstairs into the living room. People are scattered all over the place. Some people are in the kitchen and some people are in the living room. I walk to the kitchen, grabbing an apple to eat.

I step back into the living room, where Mitch, Jerome, and Preston are already sitting. I place myself beside Mitch. He puts one arm around me.

"So Kelly, we're planning a goodbye party tomorrow." Jerome says.

"Aww, you don't have to." I say.

"We want to. 1 last party before you go." Preston says.

"I just remembered! We need to set up for the Super Bowl! It's tonight!" I say.

I get up and run to the kitchen. Sadie, Sarah, and Hazel stand there trying to make pancakes.

"Guys! The Super Bowl is tonight! We need to get ready!" I say.

They nod and go through the cabinets. I pull out some strawberries and chocolate from the fridge. I melt the chocolate and wash the strawberries. I dip the strawberries in the milk chocolate.

I place them on a piece of aluminium foil and melt the white chocolate. I put it all into a piping bag. When the strawberries finish drying, I draw on them with the white chocolate.

I try my best to make them look as much as footballs as I could. When I finish, they look amazing. I take the strawberries and put them in the fridge to let them cool.

I check on the girls to see what they were doing the whole time. Sadie places a variety of chips in big bowls. Meanwhile, Sarah and Hazel were baking a cake.

They carefully take it out of the oven and wait for it to cool. I take out my phone and take a picture of us.

@benjasbae

'Getting ready for the Super Bowl! Go Seahawks!'

When the cake cools, we take the icing and frost the cake. I take green and blue icing in a piping bag and pipe the words 'Go Seahawks!' on the cake. We decorate it a bit and step back.

Everything looks amazing.

"GUYS! IT'S ABOUT TO START!" I hear from the living room.

How long did it take us to make all of this? We carefully take out all the snacks and place them on the living room coffee table.

"It looks awesome!" Mitch says, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Only because I had the help of these lovely ladies!" I say.

They take a bow. We all sit on the couch together and wait for the Super Bowl to start.

After 4 quarters pass, the Seahawks dominated the Broncos. We all jump up and cheer.

"GO SEAHAWKS!" We yell.

Jerome snaps a picture of us cheering and jumping.

@jeromevsgaming

'What an amazing game! Go Seahawks!'

We being all the bowls and plates to he kitchen and dump them in the sink. Oh well, I'll wash them tomorrow.

I yawn and start walking up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Mitch asks.

"To sleep!" I shout while walking.

"I'm coming!" Mitch replies, running to the stairs.

I open the door and grab a pair of grey sweatpants and a old batman t-shirt. I walk to the bathroom and quickly change, throwing my old clothes in the laundry pile.

I walk out and see Mitch already changed in his pyjamas and in bed. I throw the covers over me and cuddle up with him. His body warmth warms up the area around us.

I roll over and turn off the bedside lamp. Then, return to cuddling with Mitch.

"I only have 2 days left." I say.

"1 and a half now." He replies.

I sigh. I think of all the memories in this house. Then, I'm gonna leave. I quickly remember why I decided to leave in the first place. To protect everyone.

I rest my head and stop myself from thinking about it even more. I close my eyes and nuzzle my head into Mitch's chest.

"Goodnight, Mitch." I say.

"Goodnight, Kelly." He replies.

2 more days.

A/N:

Hey guys! Just a few things to talk about today. We are 1 person away from 100 followers! And... we are about 80 votes away from 1k votes on my first book! If you guys can make this happen, I will be so grateful.

Also, did you see the Super Bowl tonight? It's the only reason why this chapter is up late tonight! SEAHAWKS WON! CHYEAYHAHAHAH! Sorry Broncos fans! Seahawks demolished them! 43-8!

If you liked this chapter, be sure to leave a comment, telling me what you thought and to hit that magical star to vote! All support is appreciated!

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo