Chapter 18: Death Threats?

Chapter 18:

I'm shaking. I don't know what happened. I'm incredibly lucky. I'm lucky for how I've acted to make the judge change his mind. I'm lucky for everyone I have. I'm lucky to be me.

Sadie takes over the wheel. Mitch and I sit in the back. We sit beside each other. Mitch's arm is wrapped tightly around my body. One of my hands is on is thigh, and my other hand is curved inwards to me, rested on my lap.

My head lays snugly on Mitch's shoulder, like it was meant to be put there.

"Baby girl, are you cold?" He asks.

I look into his beautiful brown eyes.

"No babe, I'm just.. caught up right now." I reply.

He nods. I place my head back onto his shoulder.

"Everything is ok now. There's no need to worry anymore." He says.

"I know.." I say back.

Sadie parks the car. We take off our seat belts and walk out of the car. Everyone parks behind us. I look down, watching my step. The last thing I need right now is to slip on ice.

I safely walk to our door. Mat grabs his keys and quickly unlocks it. I immediately kick off my shoes and sit on my couch.

"Phew. I'm glad that's over now." Sarah says.

"Rough day." Jerome says.

"I mean, almost going to jail is a pretty normal day." Hazel replies.

I chuckle. Suddenly, my phone vibrates. I start laughing. I'm incredibly ticklish.

I grab my phone from my pocket. Unknown number.

"Hello?" I answer.

"You fucking bitch."

I immediately know who it is.

"What do you want Liz?" I ask.

"I don't want anything. I just want you to know that you and your little whore friends, are going to regret everything." She says. "And an extra something special for your little boyfriend and brother."

"I don't care what you say. I'm finished. It's not my fault that you are jealous that I was dating Mitch." I say.

I hear an 'ooOooo' in the back.

"You better fucking watch out, Lore. I'm gonna fucking kill you." Then, the line goes dead.

I hang up.

"Is there something wrong?" Mat asks.

"No. I'm just gonna go take a shower." I lied straight through my teeth.

I walk upstairs. I walk into the bathroom and strip down to nothing. I look at the blade I hid in the cabinet.

"No. I can't." I whisper.

I turn on the water. Not long after, steam fills the room. I walk into the shower, letting all my worries soak away. But I can't seem to get them out of my mind.

What if she hurts Mitch or Mat? Or any of them. Sadie.. Hazel... Jerome.. Preston.. Everyone.

I start to cry. I hide it as good as possible. I sit down in the corner of the small shower, curling up my knees and begin crying.

A/N:

Hey guys! This is sort of a on the spot chapter. I really need to start my homework though. Like now. But I hope you like it! Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo