Chapter 14: Just Great

Chapter 14:

It's been a week after we've been sent to jail. Check off 'Selfie During Mug Shot' on my bucket list. The boys were filming Minecraft videos upstairs and Sarah and Hazel went to look for jobs.A

I decide to do something productive and check the mail. I put on my winter jacket and slide my uggs on.

"Getting the mail!" I shout.

I doubt they even heard me. I grab my house keys and walk out the door. The cold winter air hits me across the face. I slide my hands in my pockets and begin walking down the road.

I keep walking in the cold, making sure not to slip on ice. I walk up to the mail box and slip the keys in the slot. I turn and pick up all the mail. I lock the box and turn back home.

I shiver as the wind blows. I grab my keys from my pocket again and open the house door. I throw the keys on the hook and put the mail on the table. I slip my uggs off and throw my jacket off as well.

I rub my cold hands together, hopefully warming them up. Once my hands are warm, I grab the mail. I put aside personal ones for the others and open the ones that were no so personal. Suddenly, I see one marked for me and Sadie.

"SADIE!" I yell.

She runs down the stairs, joining me on the couch. I show her the envelope. Then, I open it. It reads:

Ms. Lourie and Ms. Lore,

Due to the incident with Mr. Christie and Ms. Hills, they have demanded to send you to court.

Please meet at court on Saturday January 14th, 2014.

Please come with any witnesses and a lawyer. Thank you.

~Stephan, Lawyer of Ms. Hills and Mr. Christie.

Are you kidding me? They're sending us to court. That's low.

"Assholes." I say.

"Jags." Sadie says.

"Brat."

"Snobs."

"Cactus' "

"Fuck faces." Sadie says.

"Ok girl, you win." I laugh.

I walk upstairs with the letter. I quietly open our door. I see Mitch still playing his game and yell at the screen.

I pull up a chair beside him quietly and watch.

~

After he finishes his recording session, he turns to me.

"Hey babe. Anything you need?" He asks.

"Yeah. I need to show you something." I say.

I pull out the letter. I hand it to him. I watch his eyes move back and forth as he reads it. When he finishes, he looks at me.

"Oh hell no." He says.

"Oh hell yes." I reply.

He sighs, looking back at the note.

"We better be looking for lawyers then." He says.

He gives me a soft kiss. So, all that shit in jail and we still need to go to court.. Just great.

Just great.

A/N:

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! More drama up in here! OOOH SNAP. HOT AND SPICY. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Also go help my friend Sadie, get to 10K again on her book! She deleted a couple A/N's and lost a thousand reads :(

Read her book, Being A Bajan's Sister:

Luv2Write4All

Thanks!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo