Chapter 30: Family

Chapter 30:

Mat grabs his keys and opens the door. The door swings open, revealing the living room. We walk in one at a time.

"Finally." Preston says.

"Hawaii was awesome." Sarah says.

We all agree. I bring all my luggage upstairs into my room. I lay them on the floor and walk back downstairs. I'll unpack later. I walk down and see everyone is already settled in.

I grab a blanket from the laundry room and join them on the couch. I place myself beside Mitch and prop my legs up beside me. I slide my blanket over both of us. Mitch slides his arm around me as I place my head at his collarbone.

I look at the screen everyone is looking at. They're all searching for movies on Netflix.

"Horror movie?" I ask.

"Okay, but if you shit your pants, I'm not responsible." Jerome says.

Preston and Hazel laugh uncontrollably. I laugh as well.

"Listen boo, if I'm gonna shit my pants, I'll take it and throw it at your face. Thank you very much." I say, standing up and bowing.

I sit back down with Mitch. Jerome scrolls through many horror movies that I've already watched.

"The conjuring!" Sarah says.

"Are you serious? I watched insidious and I literally shit my pants." Sadie laughs.

"Ok, shut your fucking faces and start the movie." Hazel says.

Jerome obeys and presses the movie. The movie starts to play. Preston gets up and turns off the lights. He rushes back to the couch with us and snuggles with Sarah. Me and Mitch, Mat and Sadie, and Jerome and Hazel hold each other tight.

The first jump scare starts and I nearly shit my pants. I jump as Mitch laughs at me.

"Not funny!" I say, slapping his chest.

He laughs as he pulls me in closer to him. I put my face close to his chest. When the next jump scare comes, I hide my face into Mitch chest. I hear everyone else scream including Mitch.

I hold him close. My body tenses up. I look back at the screen. I pull the blanket closer to my face. Mitch kisses my forehead, indicating he's there.

Another hour of jump scares pass. Finally, the movie ends. Everyone sighs in relief. Jerome gets up to turn the lights back on. But instead, he scares the living hell out of me by giving a screeching yell, right in my ear.

I scream of pure terror. I look back at punch Jerome playfully at his arm. He and everyone else laughs.

"Hey! At least I didn't shit my pants!" I shout.

"Ok, I'll give you props for that." He says.

I chuckle. These guys can be so annoying. These guys can be the meanest people in the world. But these guys are my friends. They're my family. They fill the gap. I have no idea what I would do without them.

A/N:

Hey guys! This chapter is kinda random. I don't know. I have something planned for later. But we're already at 30 chapters!

Thank you for all the votes and reads. It means so much to me. You have no idea. If anyone still wants to FaceTime or skype, PM me your account and I'll get to you!

If you liked this chapter, comment what you thought, and hit that magical star to vote! All support is appreciated!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo