Chapter 7: Aunt Brandy

Chapter 7:

Today, Aunt Brandy was going to visit. I haven't seen her in a year and believe me, I'm glad. What does she want anyway? I wear something casual, but still sophisticated. I put on a black v-neck t-shirt and a pair of blue denim jeans. On top of that, I put on my camouflage jacket. I walk downstairs and see Mat freaking out.

"What are you freaking out for?" I ask.

"Aunt Brandy is coming over." He replies.

"Dude. She treats you like the king." I say.

"I know. I'm freaking out for you." He says.

I roll my eyes. Suddenly, the door bell rings. I look at Mat. I gesture for him to open the door, but he turns away. Ass nugget.  I walk up to the door and take a deep breath. I open the door and see Aunt Brandy's scary face. She always wore way too much makeup. She wasn't even good at putting it on, which made it worse.

"Hi Aunt Brandy!" I say, in my most excited voice.

"Oh hello dear. Where's Mat?" She asks.

Of fucking course. Mat walks up behind me. Aunt Brandy pushes me to the ground and gives Mat a huge hug. I see Mitch look at me from upstairs. He walks downstairs and helps me up. I smile at him.

"Mat? Who's this young man?" Aunt Brandy asks.

"This is Mitch. One of my best friends and Kelly's boyfriend." Mat says.

"Boyfriend?!" She yells.

Ugh. I feel sick.

"Hi. I'm Mitch. It's a pleasure to meet you." Mitch says, sticking his hand out.

She takes his hand and shakes it. She puts on a fake smile anyone could notice. Then, she gives me a death glare. Mat must've noticed.

"Um. Why don't we go out to eat?" Mat says, with a shaky voice.

"Marvelous! Oh um. Why don't you take your little boyfriend with you." She says, disgusted.

I look at Mitch. He flashes a 'It's Okay' look.

"Ok let's go." I say.

I put my black high tops on. I walk out with Mitch into Mat's car. We sit in the back, while Mat hops into the drivers seat and Aunt Brandy gets into the passenger seat. It's a long quiet car drive to a fancy restaurant I don't even know existed. When we park, we get out and find a table.

Me and Mitch order the same thing. We weren't into fancy foods. Halfway through the meal, Aunt Brandy starts giving small talk.

"So, Kelly. I came here to talk to you about something important." She says. "I was looking for colleges that you could apply for."

Oh great. I look at Mat and Mitch. I grab Mitch's hand from under the table.

"That sounds great Aunt Brandy but I think i'm gonna back down on college." I say.

"Are you serious? College will get you an amazing job!" She says.

I look at Mat, screaming with my eyes for help.

"Aunt Brandy I don't mean to push anyone but, I didn't go to college." Mat says.

"And look where you are! That's just my point! You need to go to college. It will turn you into an extraordinary young lady." She says.

My jaw drops. Did she really just say that about Mat? I mean, I hated her when she used to boss me around and think that she could just come in and push my life, but when she says that about Mat, now I'm angry. I stand up.

"How could you say that about Mat?" I ask.

"Dear, why don't you calm down. People are starting to stare." She says.

"Why don't you calm down and stop pushing my life?! Ever since mom died and dad left, you thought that you could just come into our lives and say anything you want! But guess what?! You aren't the queen!" I say, furious.

"You can't say that about me! Sit down now!" She demands.

"No. I can say anything I want about you! You're not MOM!" I scream.

I immediately regret mentioning mom. I grab my jacket.

"Let's go Mitch. We're leaving." I say.

Mitch obeys and stands up, following me. Then, we walk home together, forgetting everything that just happened.

A/N:

Hey guys! This is chapter 7! My charger is still unfortunately broken and I still do not have a new one yet. So, if you didn't know already, I'm writing my story on my laptop and taking a break off the chapters every other day. So, tomorrow will not have a chapter. This will happen until I get a new charger.

All else aside, I wanted to thank all my reader so much for 10k on my first book! I cannot thank you guys enough for it. I love you guys so much! All support is appreciated.

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo