china

MUTADZI|
SINFUL

AMINA TOOK cover behind her broad shouldered friend. Her feet were following the exact steps he took in the sea of the students leaving in a hopeful attempt to not be seen.

Not looking up from the papers he was stacking, Mr Im called the girl. "Nice try, Miss Zachary. Sit."

She dropped her head on her best friend's chest in agony as whines of protest escaped from her lips.

"Just go, I have to sort out how I'll make two detentions today," Jackson chuckled as he gave her a quick hug, putting a brief kiss to the older girl's temple, before he dispersed with the last few students, and left Amina, lonesome, by the opened door.

The girl walked back in slowly and slid into the desk right in front of her teacher.

Mentioned teacher, continued to tick and cross, getting slightly upset that a child absolutely messed up his test even though he made the revision tasks so damn thorough and simple to understand.

"Sir—" Amina began, only to be silenced by a single finger of his raising. She blinked at this, finding it rather rude. He just shushed her.

After two more minutes of sitting in a quiet space, Amina staring in want at the kids in the corridor (they were not doing anything in particular but they just weren't in her position right now and that was desirable enough), her teacher placed his pen on the untidy worktop and rose from his seat.

He traveled slowly around the desk and sat on it, smiling a little as he tried to appear less intimidating.

Which obviously made Amina look away in hopes of avoiding sinful thoughts that seemed to be taking over her mind more recently.

For an example, the Saturday she was in a café of some sort, sat at the rounded table with Jackson and some of Jackson's friends.

Amina didn't really have her own friend's, you see. Brian, Valentino, Yugyeom, Youngjae and this energized boy, 'Bambam', or something else as strange, were all Jackson's friends.

Jackson was all the girl had for he was the only one she trusted fully apart from her older siblings.

The large group of six boys were busy laughing and joking and causing commotion so Amina's eyes trailed to the sight of the man that recently got transferred to their class (due to Mrs Hill getting her leave as she were to give birth in a few months from that week) taking a sip of his coffee as he read something on his phone.

Everything from his dark hair to his soft lips made Amina bubble inside.

It was simply adoration at first. Until she caught eyes with him and he stared at her with a look that bore into her soul so deeply that the adoration became want. She wanted his large hands upon her hips and his mouth, that curved into a devilish smirk when he caught her staring, to trail kisses along her thighs—

God, she hung out with Jackson too much.

She was quite aware those were horrible things to think of, especially of someone like her teacher, but have you seen him?

"Do you know why I called you here?" Mr Im leaned forward to her, enjoying her embarrassment under his gaze. Jaebum did it to many people: friends, coworkers, students.

He didn't mean to but what could he say?

Knowing that random strangers thought he was so beautiful to the extent that they believed enrolling their own children in the school would enable the adults to have certain 'parent-teacher' meetings definitely did not make him reluctant to take advantage of his so-called gift.

Ever since Jaebum was a student in the school, mothers, colleagues and female teachers themselves had always had an eye on him. He loved knowing that girls had touched themselves to the thought of him (he was told this years ago, he did not just assume).

Amina twirled the delicate hair on the nape of her neck around her fingers subconsciously to calm her nerves. "If it's about today, I'm sorry, I wasn't—"

He raised a full hand this time to quieten the girl rather than his lone index finger. "Stop right there, Miss Zachary. It's not completely about that but even so, why be sorry? It's a common mistake."

"Right, other students call teachers mom and dad by accident all the time," she nodded to him, trying more to reassure herself rather than to lighten the atmosphere.

"I don't think I'm seen as a parental figure but call it as you please," he stood, moving with a hand in his pocket, grabbing the chair from the empty desk next to the girl and plopping it before her eyes.

"What other reason could they call you—"

"Not the subject of the matter," he threw a leg over the chair and sat comfortably, leaning his heavy arms upon the now shared surface of him and Amina. "The problem is, you are becoming more spaced out than usual. Any reason for this, darling?"

Darling?

He had called her 'darling'. That was something Amina had to add to the list of reasons why Jaebum Im made her stomach knot and fingernails aimlessly drum on her thighs in various lessons.

Amina wordlessly shook her head in a manner that her hair would cooperate, for once in her life, and shield her eyes like it normally did when it wasn't desired to.

"Is it home? Here in school? Your boyfriend?"

"No, no and who?" she raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Boyfriend? How funny. All the boys here dare not go near her because of the small group of guys she hung around, Jackson being a main contribution to her anti boy aura that followed her like the plague.

"Jackson, no?"

Amina scoffed, "Are you—" she paused upon seeing her teacher glare at her, as if daring her to continue. "I mean, no, sir, I'm not seeing anybody as of now."

He nodded and slid a sealed envelope on the desk. "Good. You don't need little boys distracting you any more than you are now; your test scores are dropping significantly."

"Sir, they are not 'little boys'," Amina defended her best friend and her other group of acquaintances. "And I don't mean to be one of those students but I have one of the highest grades in this class."

The man hid his slight smirk but Amina saw it and the fact the smile tugging his lips made her hot irritated her greatly. "No, you did. But as I said, they're dropping. Bring this home to your mother. Do not open it, understand?"

Amina bit her tongue. Another thing that annoyed her was when grown ups spoke to her as if she had the mental capacity of a child.

"I live with my sister but whatever, yeah," she muttered, watching him place the chair back.

He stopped his motion and placed a hand on her desk, telling her to look up. "Come again?"

"Yes, sir."