shanu

HUTA |
NERVOUS

JAEBUM STOOD tall at his door. Everything about his confident posture screamed menacing but the smiles and the winks and the friendly greetings he offered to his incoming class begged to differ.

The man's trademark smile faltered as he had welcomed everyone to the lesson but Amina.

Did he scare her yesterday? Surely she didn't have the mind to take his intentions further than he implemented so soon. Right?

As the last pupil entered his room, he closed the door and called Jackson away from his rowdy friends.

"Have you any idea where Amina is? You are closest to her, to my knowledge," he asked in a hushed tone.

Jackson raised a brow and was tempted to look him up and down because of his strong concern (as to why a teacher seemed so invested in his best friend) but he didn't. "She went to Mr Greg and he let her do library duty because she got a little upset with me in English Lit this morning."

Ah, yes, Jaebum read it before, she was mild tempered. Nothing dangerous, just easily bothered.

"If she's on library duty and she's not able to come get work from her teachers, does that mean she's been made quite upset?"

"It doesn't matter to you because a teacher's job is to teach the students present, not ask personal questions about those they don't know," Jackson spat rather loudly. Too loudly.

The younger boy paused in realization of what he just did.

The class was staring at Jaebum now and the teacher couldn't have that.

"All right," he nodded to Jackson as he ran his slender fingers through his raven hair and smiled quickly at his class. "Okay guys, we're doing textbook work thanks to your class clown so sit back and enjoy working through pages 346 to 360."

"You've got to be kidding—" Jackson spoke up as the class muttered in confusion. Mr Im never jumped straight into textbook work according to those whom were in his classes the previous year.

"Let me just stop you there, Mr Wang," Jaebum interrupted. "And anything not done today must be completed by tomorrow's lesson. Use the online code on the inner page of the books to access the pages online if necessary."

"What the hell—"

"You know what? Scratch my previous, previous task. Sit back and enjoy working through pages 346 to 380. Homework still applies, go on."

"Sir—"

The room erupted in groans of protest against Jackson's tongue.

"Jackson, for the love of God, just shut up!" a friend of Jackson's, Valentino, cried in despair.

Jackson glared at Mr Im (whom was was donning a smirk as he sipped from his coffee mug) before slinking back into his seat at the back in silent frustration and defeat.

Jaebum ticked and crossed just as he had been doing before his class came in but every time his eyes fell upon the empty seat in front of Jackson, he thought of the absent girl and chewed on his pen. Something he never did.

God, she made him nervous.