makumi matanhatu

MUPFUNGWA |
EMOTIONAL

"AMINA? WHY are you home so early?" Aminé pulled open the front door with an extremely confused face upon hearing the repeated untimely thuds against the frosted glass from his room upstairs.

"Move," the younger girl spat as she shoved her older brother from her path.

She was so angry and upset that she had managed to speed walk all the way home. Something she could never do in a regular state of mind but the wave of different emotions coursing through her veins gave her strength to do so without her being so tired.

Her brother stared at the girl throwing her bag onto the floor and he gently sidled into the living room. He poked his head around the doorframe as if he would die if he was caught in her range of anger.

"Wanna..." Aminé trailed off, seeing her try to kick over a stool again after a previous failed attempt due to blind rage. "Talk about it?"

"You were right, okay? You were fucking right now shut up, please!" Amina hit his shoulder once but she continued to do so until she felt a little better.

Aminé, after checking his Instagram notifications real quick, looked up to his arm and then to Amina. He clutched it and cried out extremely loudly, sliding onto his knees.

"Oh my God!" he wailed. "The pain, the suffering, those nails —Oh, the pain!"

Amina crossed her arms stubbornly and looked down on him. "And are you done now?"

He opened one eye. "No, hold up." Aminé laid on his back and rolled around with high pitched screams leaving his lips.

"You're leaning on the arm I punched," Amina deadpanned and Aminé paused to look at the carpet that was indeed touching his right shoulder.

"Shut up, you lil crybaby," Aminé taunted as he rose slowly from one knee to the other. He looked down to his ripped jeans. "Great, now my knees are ashy, thanks, Mina."

"I will not hesitate to kick you back down." Amina sniffed quietly with mascara down her blotchy cheeks.

"I'm joking, fuck!" Aminé held up his palms and a leg to cover his smiling face. "Oh, what's this? You're not going to hit me again?"

"I won't hit you," Amina sighed. "For now."

"Good. Wipe your face, were going out to eat and you're going to talk to me. I want to know what I'm so right about."