makumi matanhatu nembiri

"GLOWING" |
"RINOPENYA"

AMINA BREATHED out slowly. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she felt her face scrunch up as she raised a fist to knock on the door.

She mumbled a pep talk to herself about how she could do this without scratching out his eyes when she came in contact with him.

Finally, she shrugged off her plan to be well mannered and she pounded on the door.

It didn't matter if this didn't go well. Aminé told Amina that she could come stay with him until she graduated, then she could move in once she stared university if everything turned to shit. She needed a change of scenery and Amira was planning on buying a smaller house so some of the money left from selling their current home could pay for some of Amina's school tuition.

"Jaebum!" she yelled at the plank of wood that stopped her from smacking her fist against his head. "Open the door!"

The door gently creaked open and Amina was about to take a step in when she paused.

There was a toddler at the door.

A what?

"Chanhyuk! How many times do I have to tell you? No opening the door to—" Jaebum dropped his box and ran to the side of the small boy, picking him up and gently rubbing his head. "...Strangers."

"Hi," Amina nodded to the older man.

"Amina," Jaebum coughed nervously with the toddler writhing around, full of energy and glee, in his arms. "I— Do you want to come in or?"

"Mom," the baby squealed as he reached out to Amina and she raised an eyebrow, plucking him from his father's grip despite the questionable way of addressing the girl.

She rested the child on her hip, gently tucking an overgrown lock of his hair behind his rosy ears. "Did he just call me his mom?"

Jaebum scratched the back of his neck, nodding. "Well, you sort of sound like his mom in a way."

"What?" Amina choked out, posing herself quickly for the baby was sucking his thumb with his head of curly hair upon her tensed shoulder. "What are you talking about?"

"Hyuk's mom... She kind of— I don't know! She acted like you. A lot and I know it's stupid but I liked you even more once it donned on me."

"So you liked me because I was like your baby momma? Okay, cool," Amina twisted her face in disgust and took a step forward to hand the dozy child to his father.

"No, Amina, I didn't mean it like that! Come on."

"What else is there to it? I'm like the girl you knocked up. Simple. And I'm leaving. I shouldn't have come here."

"Amina, please. Just listen to me, okay?"

Amina's look of pure distaste melted away as Hyuk wrapped his arms around her neck, mumbling 'Mommy is back. Mommy is back.' in a dreamy mantra.

"You're lucky your BM made such a cute baby. Move before I deck you, I swear," she pushed past the man who wore a small smile on his lips as she rubbed the baby's head and walked to the living room.