makumi mashanu nenomwe

RUDO |
LOVE

"AMINA, I'LL be a minute," Mr Asher spoke quickly. "I'm just talking to Mr Im about something. Silly man."

Amina was about to slide her head back out of the crack in the door when she did a double take and realized it was, in fact, Jaebum in the seat in front of the principal.

"Mr Im?" Amina tilted her head and looked to Mr Asher. "How is Mr Im silly, if I may ask?"

Jaebum sighed, rubbing his hands up and down his face. "Just leave, Miss Zachary; it's fine."

"No," Amina closed the door behind her and walked in to the desk. She didn't have to listen to him anymore. They weren't together now. "Mr Asher, why are you calling him that?"

"Amina—"

"It's just like her," Mr Asher chuckled. "Amina's not the type to leave unless answered? Isn't that right, Amina?"

"Affirmative," she nodded. "That's why I'm one of the best students you've ever had."

Jaebum pinched the bridge of his nose before leaning back and chuckling. "I'm moving to another school," Jaebum spoke bluntly.

Amina's eyes widened. "What? What did you do? Mr Asher!" her hands gripped the table as a wave of shock and fear washed over her. "Did you fire him?"

"That's none of your concern, Amina. I am a teacher, not your friend."

The only words that had ever made Amina Zachary so dumbfounded were that of her sister's explaining why their parents wouldn't be returning from their visit to Damascus.

Jaebum had just severed their affection for one another.