makumi matatu/neimwe

KUREGA|ABSTINENCE

KUREGA|
ABSTINENCE

AS THE soft gold light intertwined with rouge pinks and oranges seeped in cautiously through the large glass of his bedroom windows, Jaebum buttoned up his shirt, gazing down to observe the girl laid with an arm on her bare stomach and a leg left dangling over the edge of the bed as snores escaped her puffy lips.

The block blinds hindered the sun's rays from hitting certain angles of her skin and he chuckled lightly when he saw her yawn and pat around on the space beside her strewn out body, grasping blindly for the source of warmth that held her close the night before.

Her palm froze and she opened her eyes, the left first, followed by the right. "Jae?"

He squatted by her and smiled at the sight. She made his heart slow. In a good way, though. He felt at ease in her presence and she calmed him. Something no-one else he had ever been with could accomplish.

That's why he had not slept with her. To prove to himself he could love without such a deep level of intimacy. And he could. For he knew he loved Amina Zachary. He was certain.

"Morning darling," he whispered as he ran his palm from her forehead to the top of her knotted curls and rose to his feet. "Are you feeling okay?"

Amina, once her eyes focused past his loving acts, shot up suddenly. "You know you never actually told me where you were going, right?"

"School, Amina," Jaebum elaborated. "There's a meeting and some work to do today so I have to go," he spoke gently as she knelt on the soft mattress to try and match his height standing.

"Oh, okay," she linked their fingers and talked in a more relaxed tone. "And I'm fine, thank you."

She didn't feel like joining her friend in his study groups in the later hours of the Saturday afternoon. She planned on sleeping in some more.

Jaebum lowered his head and placed a lengthy kiss to her lips, grinning proudly as she leaned forward after he pulled away as if drawn to him.

"I'll be late so I have to go," Jaebum delicately stroked her cheek. "Let's see... I've ordered some food from that Thai place you like. It's to be delivered so the money's on the counter for when it arrives. There's a spare keycard for the door on the counter too and if my friend comes over in a few hours, tell him to not go into my room, got that, darling?"

Amina locked eyes with him and nodded along to his words. "Who's coming exactly? Mark?"

"You're right," Jaebum chuckled and held her shoulders upon seeing them tense up. "Oh, you know you like him. I saw you relax when he kept on stoking your hair."

"Not as much as I like you doing it."

"Obviously," Jaebum scoffed sliding his fingers across her hips.

"It's too early for cocky Jaebum to appear. Go and be safe," Amina kissed him quickly. It wasn't a long kiss dressed in lust. It was short and sweet and it made her smile to see him grin back.

"Okay," Jaebum took a step back, giving his girlfriend a little wave. "I love you, Amina. Have a nice day, okay, darling?"

...

HAAZIVI |
OBLIVIOUS

"HEY, BABYGIRL," Mark chuckled as he rubbed Amina's head, brushing past her to get to the living room. "How are you?"

Amina's fingers traced her shoulder as she pretended to scratch it and distract herself from the man before her.

Babygirl? Since when?

She closed the door and awkwardly stood on the hallway like she didn't know what to do with herself.

"I'm fine, thank you," she spoke, falling back into the shy state she always was when someone she knew was not near.

"My, how formal," Mark teased, turning on Jaebum's large television. "Jae must really be treating you well."

Amina nodded, though he couldn't see it and she cursed herself internally for the inappropriate clothing she donned.

Her body straightened slightly so she could attempt to pull the straps of her sleep top until it covered her chest more. "He is. How long are you staying for?"

As Mark mindlessly flipped through various cooking shows and documentaries, he cocked an eyebrow and took a dangerous glance behind him, his eyes journeying from her neck to the skin exposed by the raising of her sleeping shirt.

He didn't even attempt to hide the intense stare and his teeth subconsciously took his lips. "I don't know. Maybe a few hours."

Amina ambled across the warm room until she could cross her legs on the single couch diagonal Mark. "Do you visit Jaebum often?"

"Definitely," he confirmed. "We're good friends."

"Where's your other friend?"

"Oh, Jinyoung?" Mark raised an eyebrow. "He's not coming."

"Is he unwell?"

"Something like that... He refused to meet you properly," Mark spoke before shrugging and allowing himself to become engaged with a scene on the television.

Amina pointed to herself. "Me? What did I do?" she scoffed ludicrously.

"Wow. You really are oblivious as to how pretty you are," Mark gave a brief chuckle. "Don't worry, it's... Cute."