makumi maviri nenhatu

CHISHINGAIDZO |
FRUSTRATION

"OH MY God, you're getting vexed over nothing! I've not done anything with him! He's my best friend and you know well that I don't think of him like that, Jae—"

"Mr Im. You call me sir or Mr Im in this school. Come on Amina, you know that," Mr Im sighed, taking his glasses off his tired face and resting them atop his tousled hair.

"Well, sir, we got dropped off by my brother and we parted at the outside school gate," Amina crossed her arms. "That was it."

"Wait, Jackson's not in his lesson right now?"

"No!" Amina cried, exasperated with her palm against her heated forehead and the other upon her hip. "He hardly concentrates in any lesson that doesn't include me or the boys in it! That's why I've been trying to tell you that moving him wasn't ideal—Lord have mercy on my damn soul, Jaebum!"

Jaebum huffed out. She made him so irritated. Good God.

"You're always saying how much of a 'young man' he is, aren't you? So why can't he be away from you? Why can't he do things by himself and leave you alone?" Jaebum's voice softened near the end of his string of questions.

"We've been together since we were infants; it's just the way he is," Amina sighed at the man who kept his brown eyes fixated on the empty notice board behind her head.

"No, Amina, it's fucking pathetic," he hissed, snapping out of whatever the hell he was just in. He wasn't jealous or insecure. He just happened to fear that Amina could be swooped away by someone who knew everything about her and that she wouldn't even bat an eyelash at him again once said someone had her under his muscular arms. Totally different.

"What is wrong with you? What is there to be jealous about? It's Jackson for crying out loud!"

"Nothing is wrong with me. Go the counselor's office and tell them to let you stay at the library until all this," Jaebum waved his palm from Amina's head down to her feet. "—goes away."

"Oh, I'm the one with attitude?" Amina scoffed and pointed to herself, to which Jaebum nodded at. "You're always saying how much of a 'little boy' he is, aren't you? So why are you jealous of such an insignificant person?"

"Amina, just... Counselor's office. Now."

"Gladly," Amina readjusted the strap of her handbag. She looked him up and down before she squinted and walked the abandoned hallways. "Don't wait for me after school. I'm not getting tutored today!"

"Miss Zachary, no yelling! And yes, you are!"

"Oh shit, no, I'm not! Sorry!"