makumi matatu nepfumbamwe

KUNZWISISA |
UNDERSTANDING

"AMINA, WHAT the fuck are you talking about?" Jackson laughed dryly. "Is this some kind of sick joke?"

"Jackson, I'm not joking," Amina breathed out and she felt a sob get caught in her throat as Jackson folded his hands on top of his head and looked ahead of him.

"You actually— I'm telling Amira about this," he shook his head as if he was conversing with himself as opposed to the girl who became petrified upon hearing his words.

"No, you're not!" Amina hit his arm with as much force as the crying girl could muster. "Don't you dare do such a thing, Jackson!"

Jackson's eyes widened. "Wait, so this is by your choice? You want to be with that guy?"

Amina's palms dropped and she nodded slowly. "I don't know what it is about him but I truly love him and call me crazy—"

"You're crazy. Insane. Psychotic. Brain dead. Few brain cells short of being Kanye West. Lunatic. You're so, so ill. Mad. Bonkers. Off your—"

Amina cut off her friend's insults by shaking her head. "No, he makes me feel good about myself. He treats me well, he can make me laugh and he pushes me to do better in my work."

"Um, yeah, the last one is what a teacher is supposed to do," Jackson rolled his eyes. "You know I do everything you just mentioned too, right?"

"Yes, Jackson but as you said, you're like a brother to me," Amina stepped forward and held both sides of his face. "And you have Mark now, don't you?"

"So? Marki— Mark's older, yes, but he's not my teacher, is he? And Mark has nothing to do with this. Do not bring him into this." Jackson took a step forward. "Why does Mr Im do it, huh?" he posed.

"What?"

"Well, what's his business with you really? He'll just fuck off after you sleep together, you know that, right?"

"You always assume some the harshest scenarios! I have never slept with him and I don't plan on doing so with anyone until marriage, Jackson, you know me better!"

"No, apparently I don't," Jackson spat. "Because I didn't think of you as someone to do something as unethical as seeing your teacher while you still attend his classes, Amina. It's fucking stupid!"

"Jackson, come on," Amina groaned as Jackson began walking away from the centre of the park. "Jackson!" she called into the dimly lit streets and sighed, following him at a good distance.

"Don't talk to me right now, okay? I'm going home, see you when you come to your senses."