tanhatu

NORUNYARARO |TRANQUILITY

NORUNYARARO |
TRANQUILITY

A BOOK was handed to Amina.

Rough corners, creased spine, and crinkled pages. It even had some faded coffee rings on the front of the hard cover. The book must have been adored by a few.

Rarely anybody came to the library and Amina had no idea why.

It was quiet, a space to study, a space work and on top of that, the wifi was strongest in here than in the whole school.

So why not enjoy such beauty that was this large library? Amina would only ever imagine what people didn't know this place held.

It held tranquility to her. It was a place that if Amina ever got upset on the outside, she could just reside in until her mind was calm again.

She quietly scanned it without a second glance at first but her focus shifted when ring decorated fingers slipped a staff card to her.

On it, was a photo that looked like it was professionally taken and across it read 'JAE IM'.

He smiled once the young girl's eyes screwed shut and she forced a polite welcome to his face. "Hi, the due date for this book is—"

"Amina," he whispered. "Why haven't you given your sister my letter?"

"It slipped my mind," she shrugged before she paused. "Wait, how do you know I haven't given it to her?"

Jaebum chuckled, earning glares from other students (only to have the looks disappear when the culprit was identified as him). "I had a feeling. So I called her this morning anyway and we discussed something."

"Something like what?" Amina handed him his book, 'the Portrait of Love', and urged him to continue.

"You. I'm..." he paused and widened his smile as he placed the book in his bag. "I'm going be to tutoring you after school."

"What?" her eyes widened and her head started to hurt. "My sister agreed to me staying at school so late... To get tutored?" she called to the man slowly backing away from the desk. She definitely got some glares thrown her way but did she care? No, the answer was no.

"Who said we're staying in school?"