gumi nenomwe

SAKODZERA|
UNFAIR

"NOW," JAEBUM said, doing his signature lean against his desk. "Please tell me the real reason why you two ditched everything but the last ten minutes of my class. Miss Zachary, I want to hear from you this time."

"Sir, I already told you—"

"I asked Amina, not you, Jackson," Jaebum breathed out harshly, running his fingers through his hair to calm his racing heart down. He trusted that Amina wouldn't do anything with Jackson. Jaebum just didn't like Jackson at all.

Jackson huffed and slouched into his seat, looking over to his friend, with a look that told her he expected her to repeat the same lie he told.

"Amina," their teacher asked softer. He had also noticed she jolted when his voice rose and as pleasing as it was to see her eyes look up to him innocently again, he didn't want her to fear him. "You do not have the same tendencies as someone to skip lessons. You don't skip my lessons."

Amina tore her gaze from the window once again and mumbled an answer to the man waiting patiently.

"Amina, use your words," Jaebum said slowly.

"We were talking for a bit," the girl repeated louder and she noticed Jackson sigh and cover his face from the corner of her eyes. "It won't happen again."

"You're right. This won't happen again because I'm moving Jackson to the other class," Jaebum said as he straightened his back and stood tall, smiling. "But in the meantime, from next lesson, you both sit at the front and are the first to show up and last to leave this lesson, understand?"

"You're not allowed to move someone for skipping a class!" Jackson sat up and furrowed his brows. "What the hell?"

"Correct, I'm not," Jaebum nodded. "But it's either that or I go to the head saying that Jackson Wang has skipped his sixth math lesson amongst others within this semester alone and you'd face expulsion rather than simply being moved. Which would you prefer, Mr Wang?"

That silenced the younger boy.

Jackson slung his bag over his shoulder and stood to leave the empty classroom. "Mina, come on."

Amina squinted at Jaebum and picked up her satchel, quietly following her friend's path.

She was tugged back by a strong arm. "We're talking more when I see you at home," the dark haired man spoke into her pierced ear so lowly that it almost mimicked a growl.

He let her go upon hearing Jackson come back to the door to hurry her up so he could tell his friends the mess that just happened.