makumi maviri/neimwe

((two chapters in one, y'all!¡))

SHANJE |
JEALOUSY

"GOOD EVENING, Amira," Jaebum shook the woman's small palm as he gave her a smile that would make Amina kiss him if they weren't where they were.

As her sister and Jaebum stood at the front door and conversed, presumably about Amina, Amina walked into her living room with a bounce in her step.

It wasn't from the events that just took place on the bus of course. It was from the way Jaebum held her hand and stroked her knuckles with the pad of his thumb the whole journey to her abode. He made her happy inside.

"Hey, Mina," Jackson called from the couch, elbows on his knees as his eyes followed the men moving a basketball like a kitten watching a laser pointer.

Amina walked over to him and sat close to her best friend. "Hello."

Jackson raised an eyebrow and dragged his intense stare from the sport once an advertisement came upon the large screen. "What are you doing just sitting there? Give me a hug."

Amina looked over to Jaebum, whom was now facing the front door unable to see the action she was about to preform.

She stretched out her palms and Jackson leaned in and pulled her onto his lap.

"Jackson, baby, watch them hands, hear me?" Amira hollered from the hall and Jaebum turned around, his smile faltering before he realized it. "Aren't they cute?"

"Adorable," Jaebum muttered to the woman whilst he held back the urge to do something drastic.

Jackson nodded, showing a toothy grin before he shut off his smile too and locked eyes with his math teacher. "What's he doing here?"

"He's dropping me off because he's been tutoring me."

Jackson chuckled ludicrously. "He's tutoring you? Amina, you're one of the smartest girls in our grade! If he's made a move on you, please tell me so I can punch him in the face."

Amina furrowed her eyebrows. "What? Why's that the first thing that came to mind?"

Jackson pouted as he peered over her shoulder. "It's... He doesn't like me around you and it's just the way he looks at you. Like you're his."

"Don't be going around thinking such bullshit. I'm not anybody's."

Jackson looked back into her eyes and pushed her forehead with index and middle finger. "You're my Mina. Not Mr Im's Mina."

Before Amina's opinion could be spoken, her sister came back into the warm living room with a smile on her face.

And Jaebum trailing behind her.