makumi mana nenhanhatu/nenomwe

NEVAZIKANWI |
ACQUAINTANCES

AMINÉ GLANCED up at the sight of his old friend coming to join him at a bar.

He shook hands with his old colleague as the said colleague sat next to him.

Mark used to go to the same university as Aminé but he dropped out the second year because of issues he had risen. Again, he did things he wasn't quite meant to. It was very rare that you ever heard good news about Mark.

"Mark," Aminé chuckled. "How are you, man?"

Mark ran his fingers through his hair and shrugged. "I'm doing okay but I should be asking you how you're doing. You're still in that hell hole."

"Same old, same old but it's all right. Come on, let's order shit whilst we wait for my sister to come out."

"Amira's here?" the older boy asked eagerly. "I follow her on Instagram and I would still go for her if you weren't such a buzzkill. And if I didn't have my boyfriend, of course. But still, she's so—"

Aminé raised a palm, threatening to slap Mark upside the head. "Gosh, sorry I don't like my friends banging my sisters. Wow, how cruel of me." he rolled his eyes. "But it's my little sister, not Amira."

"Huh," Mark looked up as he tried to recall whether he ever met another sibling of Aminé's except for his sister that made Mark feel some type of way even though he was pretty sure he liked guys a bit more than he did girls. "I've never met your little sister before. You've probably only told me about her."

"Really?" Aminé raised an eyebrow. "Well, she's in the bathroom doing basic stuff and we're getting introduced to her boyfriend today."

"Is she old enough to be here?"

"Yeah, she's eighteen and her boyfriend's apparently older but I'll check him if he's too old, man, straight music."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Mark chuckled.

...

KUZIVA |
REALIZATION

"YOU KNOW what? Maybe I should go check on her—" Aminé began nervously.

She'd been in there for a while. He knew she may either be taking a million photos, doing her makeup or just sitting on her phone being absolutely useless but he still felt like it was his duty to keep his eyes on Amina. Especially if they weren't meant to be out in the first place.

"Mark? Hey, man. What's up?"

Mark stopped mixing his various drinks together and he lifted his chin to set his eyes upon his closest friend approaching the booth they occupied.

"Hey, Jae? What are you doing here?" Then it clicked for Mark. "Oh fuck."

Aminé's little sister was bringing her boyfriend to meet him. Jaebum just showed up. So his girlfriend should follow shortly. His girlfriend is Amina. Aminé and Amina did look alike now that he thought about it.

This would not be good. Aminé hated Jaebum. With a passion.

Jaebum didn't get another word in before Aminé stood up brashly and grabbed him by the collar.

Wonderful.