makumi mashanu neina

SIMBA |
STRONG

"WHY DID you tell him?" Jaebum asked quietly.

He was stood under the doorframe at the entrance of his home with his briefcase loosely held by his fingers but his jacket crumpled in an iron fist.

"Huh?" Mark looked up from his place at the couch and raised an eyebrow. "Dude, why do you look so out of it—"

"Why did you tell him, Mark?" Jaebum said louder. No, in fact, he yelled. Jaebum yelled at his best friend, his 'brother', his betrayer.

Rapidly, like how quickly the liquid in the glass he knocked over in his path spilled out, Jaebum charged at the boy whom was unaware of the things he shared in between drunk kisses with his boyfriend just nights ago.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jaebum! Let me go, I swear to God!" Mark's fingers tried to weakly pry Jaebum's fists from his collar but to no sweet avail.

"You told Jackson! You said you wouldn't tell anyone! I fucking trusted you!"

"Jaebum, let go and we can talk!" Mark coughed out in desperation. The space between his collar and his throat was becoming impossibly tighter and the chance of Mark becoming asphyxiated was increasing rapidly. No, Mark wasn't being choked but alas, if looks could kill right now, he'd rather be anywhere else but Jaebum's line of vision.

Jaebum's motions slowed and he gradually stopped jerking his friend back and forth.

Jaebum stood. Only to sit on the coffee table behind his shaking legs as he ran his hands up and down his red face.

"Thank you." Mark hooked a finger around the neck of his shirt and pulled it away from his throat. "Now, first of all, what did I say? Because I definitely do not remember."

"You," Jaebum breathed, feeling himself grow hotter from the frustration he sensed rising again. "You told Jackson about me and... You told him about—"

Mark rolled his eyes. "Told him what? That you pour your milk first? That you still like cartoons? That the only way you g—"

"Mark. You told him about Aminé's girlfriend and I's relationship. You told him that I'm leaving and why," Jaebum felt his voice hush involuntarily.

He wasn't used to being so frail, so unguarded before. He'd only ever wanted to cry so hard once. He didn't even cry when his ex girlfriend died.

Jaebum was always the best kid at holding back his feelings anyway.