Kusvikira Taparadzaniswa Nerufu

KANA UCHIDA MUMWE MUNHU... |
IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE...

"ROSA KING?" Amina bounced Hyuk on her knee as she let him tug her fingers up to his deeply hooded eyes. "That was Aminé's ex girlfriend... The Lord is testing me with this man— Jaebum!"

Amina snapped at the older man across from her. He rubbed his clammy palms upon his knees and he looked down. "Sorry," he scratched his head. He had been distracted.

Amina crossed her eyes to make the baby giggle before she glared at Jaebum once again. "Sorry my butt. What could you be possibly thinking about?"

"You just really remind me so much of her when I see you with Hyuk," Jaebum whispered. "Fuck."

"I don't know if you expect me to take that as a compliment or what but I swear on my mama I will leave right now if you don't explain why the hell you didn't want to tell me about Hyuk. Or that you slept with and successfully impregnated my brother's girlfriend."

"I guess I thought you and I weren't exactly in a situation that would be bettered by bringing a child into it," Jaebum sighed, angry at himself more than anything. And rightfully so.

"Where was he this whole time?"

"With my parents. My mom refused to see her grandchild grow up without a mother figure," Jaebum smiled at the memory of his mother gasping when he told her his teaching job was so far away from them.

Amina sat in silence, with Hyuk softly tiring himself by stroking her face. He had the warmest hands. He was adorable.

"If I didn't catch you at the office that day, you would've left with saying anything, right? Just like that, huh?" Amina shrugged, raising her eyebrows. "Why would you think that just leaving would help the issue? You can't tell someone you love them and that you'll always be there for them and make them trust the hell out of you then just go. I've known you for months now, Jaebum. That's just not how people work and you know it."

"Amina, I don't know why I acted like that and I'm sorry, okay?" Jaebum's hands slid down from his face as he felt a lump form in his throat. He hadn't felt this close to tears since Rosa passed.

"How?" Amina asked quietly, nuzzling into Hyuk's neck and he suddenly squealed with joy because he was so ticklish.

"What?"

"How did you end up with Rosa?"

Jaebum took a deep breath and, for what seemed like the hundredth time in ten minutes, rubbed his hands upon his jeans. "She was fighting really badly with Aminé and I've known her since we were kids so she automatically made me her rebound."

"Fighting about what, Jae?"

"His gang. They were... Not pleasant. He often chose her word over theirs and they didn't like that. So in they threw some girls and some drugs, Aminé was framed for cheating and Rosa came to me: a guy who she knew liked her and wouldn't push her away," Jaebum chuckled bitterly. "That's why Aminé hates my every move. I was stupidly in love with his girlfriend."

Amina kept quiet and gazed down before her.

"Hyuk is a beautiful little boy, Jae," Amina smiled softly due to his little snores. They were the only sound to back up her voice apart from the sniffles she, herself, made as tears descended in steady droplets down her beautiful face. "He looks like you so much."