makumi maviri nepfumbamwe

NHEMA |
LIES

"HEY, MIRA?" Amina pushed open her sister's dark bedroom door and she cautiously peered her head around the frame. "Can I stay at a friend's house for the night?"

Amira's long, previously straightened hair was pushed back with a thin, black band and she looked up to her sister, her nose still facing her keyboard.

Amira placed her reading glasses atop her black hair and raised an eyebrow at her little sister. "Who's house? Jackson's?"

"Well, would you let me go to Jackson's?"

"Only if his mama knows about it and you promise no hanky panky will happen."

Amina slowly shut the door and padded along the cold wood in her bare feet until she could clamber into her sister's warm bed.

"It's not Jackson though."

"Then who, Mina?" Amira sighed, becoming slightly impatient. "I have to finish writing this report."

"This girl at school," Amina shuddered internally at the lie she just told her sister.

Amina had never consciously lied to Amira. Ever.

Amira paused and showed off her bright teeth. "You have girl friends now?"

Amina nodded. "Um, yup. She's called Jayden." Jayden, Amina? Seriously?

"Oh, of course, of course," her sister held her palms and gave a slight giggle. "Finally, Amina! Those boys—Brian, Youngjae, Yugyeom, Valentino and... Bambam is it?—you hang out with have me sleeping with both eyes open. When I was eighteen, boys so extra and clingy only wanted stuff that they couldn't know about 'till damn marriage."

"Wait, so I can go?" Amina choked. "Just like that? What?"

"Yes, you're technically an adult and I trust you, darling. Plus mama and papa are watching you in Heaven."

Amina nodded awkwardly at the statement about her parents and the nickname that it followed closely. "Okay," she stood, hugging her sister. "Thank you, good night."

"Behave for her parents though!"

-
(NOT SO) FUN FACT!

This chapter was temporarily titled 'caught in a lie'

See what I did there? wink wonk

(I forgot who on wp I saw say that but I just love it. I mean, come on... wInK WOnk. It's fUNNY)

-🔑