makumi maviri neina

((every damn time))

((every damn time))

MASIMBA |
CONTROL

AMINA SAT quietly at the counter, her eyes squinted as she skimmed them across her page, scrawling down bubbly text while she attempted the various questions that were given to her.

"Amina," Jaebum leaned over at his place on the couch to rest his borrowed book on the coffee table.

It would take the man forever and a day to complete the book since all he could do was take brief glances at Amina. He had to force himself to reread his pages instead of allowing his grown mind to wander aimlessly down dangerous paths. At least not right now anyway.

Amina's eyes darted up in slight alarm due to the fact that the room had been silent apart from the constant flicking of the pages from the well endowed math textbook.

She almost raised an eyebrow at the man. Her curiosity was hard to hide because he had such a serious face on.

"What?" she spat.

Jaebum's eyes looked to the ground as he linked his fingers, breathing out slowly. This girl was making his eyebrow twitch.

"Bring your work here, let me check it," he steadied his voice and stretched out his hand.

Amina slid off the stool and grabbed the book, slapping it into his palm before she turned to go back to the high seat.

"Okay, no." Jaebum took her wrist and yanked the girl back down as he threw the book on the table before him. "First, you skip school to go look for Jackson when I told you not to, then you refuse to come to three study sessions and now you're acting up? What's wrong with you?"

Amina crossed her arms and shrugged, pettiness evident in her body language. "Nothing."

Jaebum sighed heavily. "You're still mad about Jackson."

"Well done," Amina turned her head.

The man took hold of her jaw and brought her focus to his darkened eyes. "Your marks improved as soon as I moved him. Even if he can't be without you, he should learn soon. Why don't you listen when I tell you that he can't be dragging you down like that? Especially when you're expected to go to a high ranked university."

"Why don't you bite me?"

Jaebum's eyes scanned over her angry features and he ran his fingers through his hair to push it out of his eyes, chuckling deeply as he stood up. "Oh, don't tempt me, Amina. You're acting really childish right now."

"Allow it then. Let Jackson and I be little children together," she glared at Jaebum.

During her little burst of soon-to-be-extinguished confidence, Jaebum had loosened the tie around his throat and smirked as he noticed Amina's harsh voice dwindle away. She gulped and he rested his knuckles on his knees, leaning over and demanding her to stand.

"Get up," Jaebum said calmly, still at peace somehow.

Amina swung her legs over the arm on the couch and stood behind it, distancing herself for she almost feared his dark eyes. Almost.

As he took a confident stride forward, she took two unsure steps back and another two and another two until Jaebum had successfully sandwiched her between his living room wall and his body.

Tie still in clutch, he traced the pad of his thumb over her soft, rosebud lips and the younger's eyes refused to meet with his.

Jaebum tilted his head. "Why so quiet, darling? Have you remembered who's in control here?"