makumi mana neimwe

ZVIPIKIRWA |
PROMISES

AMINA JOLTED.

"Jaebum?" her fingers spread over the sheets beside her and upon feeling emptiness surrounding her small frame, a sob left her lips. "Jaebum!"

"Amina?" Jaebum opened the door that lead from his en suite back into his large bedroom, making his way to her side. "Why are you yelling?"

She reached out her arms and Jaebum immediately let her hold him, letting her soundless sobs be absorbed into his shoulder. "Oh my God, you're okay. Thank God, you're okay," she whispered in a thankful mantra as she rocked him gently with her legs around the torso of the man who knelt, confused, on the carpet beside the bed.

"Amina, what happened?" Jaebum's arms slipped around her waist as she stroked his hair, pressing a kiss to his temple.

"It's nothing; I just love you a lot."

Jaebum pulled back and brushed a few hairs from the girl's eyes so she could notice his skeptical look. "You were crying because you love me?"

Amina smiled weakly and nodded. "I just had a nightmare that someone found out about us and you were taken away and I don't... I don't want to talk about it, okay? You're here now and that's all I care about."

"Amina," the older man whispered with an extremely light chuckle, (he didn't wish to offend the vulnerable girl by making it appear as if her emotions were to be ridiculed) stroking a tear ridden cheek. "I'm not going anywhere, okay? I promise you."

"Really? You won't?" Amina's chin rested atop his roughed up hair and the girl touched the dark strands with shaking fingertips as if he were to slip away at any given moment.

"Darling, I would never."