makumi maviri nembiri

KUZIVISA |
AWARENESS

MISS ZACHARY, why are you late?" Jaebum spoke with a dullness to his voice, his eyes not once lifting from the task he was completing to the young girl's face.

Amina stood in front of his desk as everyone continued their conversations and listened to music.

Amina breathed out slowly. "Well, after the party, Jackson slept over yesterday and we missed the bus so—"

Jaebum slowly placed his pen down and rubbed his temples, pushing back from his seat. The bang the chair made against the wall upon sudden impact caused all heads to turn to the source of the noise.

Jackson. She was with Jackson. Great.

"Go outside, now," he pointed to the door and Amina's (mostly Jackson's) male acquaintances began to 'ooh' and holler. "Calm down! Santiago and Flores, you two are back at lunch."

Amina gained discreet thumbs up from some and looks of sympathy from others.

Mr Im never blew up like he just displayed. On the extremely rare occasion he did, the person must have made him pretty annoyed and they tended to feel the man's anger for their whole school year.

The younger girl rolled her eyes at him and brushed past his desk, out the door.

"Textbooks. Pages 370-375. Go," Mr Im instructed briskly and the class ceased chatter to flip open their well used books and get to work in fear of being handed a spontaneous detention.

Jaebum closed the door behind him and he waited until he could hear the class erupt again before he faced the bored looking girl.

"All these small things you're doing..." he whispered to her. "I'm noticing them, darling.

And I really don't like it."