Part 4

The van doors were slammed closed as I quickly crawled over to Daryl who engulfed me in his arms.

"Daryl, I-I'm so sorry, I just- I couldn't let him hurt another person." I sobbed into his chest, wanting this to all be a dream.

He rubbed my back, placing a kiss on top of my head, "Don't be, we're gonna get outta this."

I pulled away from him, "How?" I asked in disbelief, "Did you not see what he did? All the men he has? Daryl.. This is it."

"Don't ya fuckin' say that," he said aggressively, grabbing my wrists and pulling me close to him once again, "Why're ya acting like this? This ain't you, Liz."

I just shook my head, not having an answer, but knowing he was right. I'm not one to cower in fear; I'm the opposite really, but just.. everything that just happened. I feel like my entire world has gotten flipped upside down in a matter of hours.. I'm so scared.

"Listen to me," Daryl said, lifting my chin so our eyes met, "Don't give up now.. I won't let ya. We're still a group and we gotta watch out for each other.. Don't give up on your group, Liz."
And with that he left a tender kiss on my lips, one that I wish could've lasted forever.
I unknowingly rested my hand on his chest, causing him to hiss in pain.

"I'm so sorry!" I gasped, gently pulling back the blanket that was covering his shoulder, "Daryl.." I choke out as tears threaten to spill once again.

"Ima be fine." He reassured, wincing in pain as he covered himself back up again.

As the bumpy van ride came to a stop, I began panicking again, "Daryl, I'm scared, I-I don't know what's gonna happen."

He quickly pulled me in for a hug, leaving another sweet kiss on my lips, "Don't let em scare ya, don't show fear."

I nodded at him, silently thanking him before the van doors were swung open, revealing Negan and some of his men.

"Aw, isn't that just fucking sweet," Negan chuckled before drastically changing his tone, "Get them out."
We were then roughly pulled out of the van and separated.

Negan eyed both of us for a while before speaking again, "Put her in room C and put this piece of shit," he explained pointing at Daryl, "in a cell down at the east end."

His men nodded and began leading us away, "Wait, wait, wait," Negan suddenly stopped us before walking over in my direction, making sure Daryl was watching him.
He roughly grabbed my throat with one hand, pulling me to him as he smashed his lips into mine.
I was in a state of shock; I couldn't move, I couldn't think, I couldn't pull away- that is, until he did.

As he pulled away, he looked me in the eyes, smirking and in this moment, all my confidence came back.
I spit in his face.

His grip on my neck immediately tightened in anger but was soon released as he wiped his face, "Oh," he chuckled, "She's gonna be a fun one to break."
He then turned to Daryl, "Maybe I'll have you watch; show you how a real man treats a woman like her."

Daryl stayed silent, and I'm actually really glad he did. We didn't need to get in anymore shit than we already are at this point.

"On second thought," Negan said to the men holding me, "Put her in room A."