Part 11

As time went on, I heard a few footsteps here and there, but no one had been near my door.
I didn't know how much time had passed since that woman made her mistake, but I figured it had to have been at least a few hours.

From what I could tell, the hall around my room had been silent now for a while, which I'm hoping means the other halls have been cleared out as well.

I took a breath, slowly twisting the door handle again until the door swung open with ease.
I stepped out, remembering what Tiffany said: this is Hall A, the North hall.
Negan told his men to put Daryl at the East end, which means I should just have to take a left turn.. I think.
I quickly strolled through the halls, trying to be as stealthy as possible until I reached the end, where I needed to make a decision. I took a deep breath, trying to remember what I had been taught about compasses and direction.

I smile, knowing I'm going in the right direction, "Thanks, Dale." I whisper to myself as I continue to make my way down this new hall.

I furrowed my brows as I started hearing.. music? Who's playing music that loud right now? My curiosity began to get the better of me and I just needed to go investigate.

I quickly make my way to the door where the loud music was playing from, peaking through the small window on it. The room was empty of people, but not of things. I continued to look around until I saw the music player sitting on a desk, and behind that desk stood another door.
The gears in my head started turning as I wondered if that's where Daryl was, but I was instantly brought out of my thoughts when I heard another door down the hall open.

I quickly slid into the room in front of me, not knowing if it was actually the right one or not.
I took a breath, thinking I was safe before I heard the door handle to this room start to turn.
I panicked, running to the other side of the desk and hiding under it.

This is so stupid. I'm going to get caught before I even find Daryl and I'm just going to get us in so much more trouble.. why did I think this was a good idea?

Just then, a heavier set man walked up to the mystery door, fiddling with a ring of keys until he found the right one, unlocking the door.
When he flung it open, my heart stopped and then raced; Daryl.
I watched as he sat curled up on the dirty floor, his eyes squinting as they tried to adjust to the light that was now entering the small dark cell he was in.
My heart ached at the sight of him basically being kept like a wild animal; it wasn't right.

He and I soon made subtle eye contact as I sat under the desk and we both instantly knew what we needed to do.

Daryl stood up threateningly, almost as if he were to challenge the larger man. This gave me enough of an opportunity to slide out from under the desk, attacking the man from behind.
I jumped onto his back, wrapping my arms tightly around his throat as he began to flail around, trying anything to get me off. While he struggled, Daryl rushed over to the desk, grabbing a ceramic lamp that had been sitting on it.
I quickly let go of the man, clearing a shot for Daryl as he swung the heavy lamp at the man's head.

I watched as he immediately fell to the ground; a mix of emotions running through my head, but I didn't care anymore.

I found him.

________
This chapter was originally going to be more violent and gruesome, but I don't know if everyone who reads this fanfic would be into all of that.
Let me know what you guys think!