Part 47

"Do you know anything about Negan's wives?" I asked Joey quietly as we walked down the empty hall to Negan's room, the day ending.

He shrugged, "I guess? What do you want to know?"

"I don't know," I sighed, "Does he like.. sleep with all of them?"

Joey stayed silent for a moment before speaking again, "Yeah, he does- or he did; to be completely honest with you, I don't know a lot of his business and you shouldn't either, Liz."

"I'm not trying to get in his business I just- it feels weird sleeping with him if he's sleeping with other women."

He shrugged again as we reached the bedroom door, "I don't know what to tell you."

I shook my head, "It doesn't matter anyway."

***

I laid in the empty bed, my thoughts engulfing me, as they usually did.
I hated what he said to me today.. "I knew it would be fun to break you."  And if we weren't doing what we were, I'm sure I would have went off on him; pulled another stunt and probably gotten someone else killed.. but he hasn't broken me yet. There are times when I feel completely powerless to him; like he's won, but even in those times, the only thing that keeps replaying in my head is what Daryl told me when we were thrown in the back of that white van-- "Don't give up. Don't give up on your group." And I won't.. no matter what else my mind is telling me.

But as the days went on, I felt myself getting more and more attached to the man I once called a monster, and it made me feel like I was now the monster. How could I not hate a man who I was sure was almost entirely built out of pure evil? How could I sleep with him when my heart was still desperately grasping onto someone else? Why did I constantly wonder where he was and who he was with?

I could no longer deny what I was feeling; Negan was on my mind more than I ever thought possible. What I felt for him was different than what I felt for Daryl, much different. I trusted Daryl; no matter what happened, I knew that I'd be safe. I don't trust Negan; with everything he's done and said, I knew that he'd keep me safe, but I also knew that he was a loose canon and emotionally.. he'd kill me.

Light shined into the dark room as the door open, causing me to sit up as the man who had been on my mind all day walked in.

He switched on the light once he noticed me, "Why're you still awake?" He asked, obviously not that interested as he began rummaging through the dresser that held his clothes.

"I just wanted to talk," I shrugged, "I didn't really like how we left everything earlier."

He sighed, grabbing clothes out of the dresser, "Not now, Elizabeth, I'm pissed enough and I really don't need you fucking adding to it."

I silently cursed myself as Negan walked into the bathroom, my eyes brimming with tears. I was just so frustrated and upset that I could never just talk to Negan without him practically blowing up, and in all honesty, I hated seeing him mad. Not only because I was afraid of what he'd do, but because it made me feel terrible, even though I knew it shouldn't.

I wiped at my eyes, trying to conceal any emotion as I heard the shower turn on.

I knew the secret to getting what I wanted here was making Negan happy, and I knew exactly what made him happy; sex.

So that's exactly what I'm going to give to him.

_____
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and where this story is going.

I'm really glad to see that you guys want the kinda 'prequel' story to For The Ones I Love, so I'm currently working on that.
I think that fanfic will come out while the second half of season 7 is on, and then once this season is over, I'll write the second part to For The Ones I Love, just so I get some ideas and storyline for how it should go.

Sound good?