Part 31

"Stop making this harder on yourself." Dwight advised as I continued to struggle in his grip while we walked down an empty hall.

I scoffed, "Fuck off-"

But was immediately cut off by him harshly shoving me against the hard wall, "You're lucky your stupid fucking ass is still alive!" He warned, getting into my face, "You and Daryl should both be dead right now; hell, your whole fucking group should be dead right now!"

I so desperately wanted to attack him; physically or verbally, it didn't matter, I just wanted to hurt him.
I hated how he talked to me, what he did to Denise, what he took from Daryl.. I hated Dwight, but he was right. Negan even said it himself; he should have killed me when he had the chance, but he didn't.
At this point, I honestly don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

"Then why don't you do it, Dwight?" I asked, a shocked look appearing on his face before quickly disappearing, "Or are you too afraid?"

"If given the opportunity," he laughed, "I'd make you and Daryl cut pieces off of each other, but that's not my choice."

He then roughly grabbed me again, continuing to drag me down the hall before I had a chance to react to what he actually said.

I then quickly realized exactly where he was taking me as I started noticing the familiar surroundings; I was being put in the exact cell Daryl was in when we tried to escape this place.

He opened the door to the room before dragging me to the large metal door, unlocking it with a key from the jumbled up key ring, "Look familiar?" He joked, but I stayed silent, not wanting to give him any type satisfaction.

He shook his head, frustrated that I wasn't giving in before harshly shoving me in the small cell and locking the door.

***

I sat on the floor for what seemed like hours; my stomach beginning to growl from lack of food.
The silence in the cell caused my body to feel numb, like nothing was real anymore, something that I almost wished for. I was living in a nightmare that I couldn't get out of no matter how hard I tried, and each time I did, it just seemed to get worse.
I didn't know whether or not to keep fighting until some sort of end or to just completely give in to Negan.
I knew which one I was leaning towards, but I was mad at myself for even considering doing it.
I was too tired to continue fighting a battle I knew that I couldn't win no matter what I tried; it'd just end with more pain, either for me or the people I loved. The only way to make any progress now was to play along; fake it till you make it.

My heart was still heavy and my mind continued to spin even though I'd already made my decision; one thing still lingering.. my feelings for Negan.
The small amount of attraction I had for him was amplified 10x after we had sex, and even though he continuously put me and my people through hell, I couldn't stop myself from craving him.

Somewhere deep inside I hoped I could change him, but in reality, I was terrified that he would change me.

_____
Once again, more of just a filler chapter; really getting into Liz's mind and figuring out exactly how she's feeling and what she's thinking.